Body Lifts...

Harvey

In an aussie forum, it was suggested that many USA parts for 2 door Pathy's won't fit Aussie spec vehicles. I've asked about the body lifts but have not had an answer and so i thought i'd ask the question here?

Also... does anyone know of a company that does steel body lifts rather than the tough plastic [whatever the material is] type?

Thanks

Harv.

In an aussie forum, it was suggested that many USA parts for 2 door Pathy's won't fit Aussie spec vehicles. I've asked about the body lifts but have not had an answer and so i thought i'd ask the question here?

Also... does anyone know of a company that does steel body lifts rather than the tough plastic [whatever the material is] type?

I think that is no difference between LHD (USA, Europe) and RHD (Japan, Australia) body lift kits.

Why do you want steel kit instead of tough plastic? It has no advantages, only extra weight... Polyamide resin blocks are good, tough... and rust-proof too... ;)

i didn't think the tough plastic were as strong. I'm sure i've read on other forums talking about steel being tougher that was the only reason...

As far as I know there is no difference in regard to installing body lifts on RH and LR drive versions.

Steel really does not offer you anything over the standard plastic/resin blocks. You seldom ever hear of a block being damaged, even by more active and hardcore wheelers who have them :aok:

Yes, steel is tougher but plastics have come a long way in the last few decades, to the point that they are a viable alternative for many applications including skid plates.

I recently installed a body lift and after messing with the plastic blocks, I didn't have any qualms about using them. This is coming from a machinist who is used to dealing with metal... :shrug:

B

If you really don't want to use the poly blocks, another option would be aluminium. I would definitely stay away from steel, most pathys are already underpowered enough, without adding any extra weight. Snake Racing here in Oz do Aluminium blocks, not sure on price. Cyril has them on his truck.

Edited by DavefromOZ