• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Been running that 180 F thermostat for quite a while now. With a new thermostat, I got a new radiator, new radiator cap, new hoses, new overflow bottle, new water pump, and a transmission cooler. Has been pretty good, never has it gone over 1/2 way and its usually a little below that which I think is perfect. After it became cold outside, the temperatures are still the same as when it was hot outside. Ill post up an updated picture of where it is sometime this week.

I also run with OD off

Why? turning it off just means it won't shift into OD when you hit high enough speed for it to do so, it doesn't change anything until you are over about 50mph. You are just wasting gas if you are running the freeways with the OD off.

No, it has no bearing on the TC lockup function.

I tested it on the way to work today at 35 mph, the engine will run about 1800rpm then the TC will lock up and the RPM drop to 1600. If I turn OD off, the RPM jumps to 2000, if it turn it off, back down to 1600. I don't know what gear it is in at that point. I plan to play with it a little more when traffic conditions allow it...

B