Pathfinder (SE?) (XE?)

solidbob

Just got my pathfinder. Just says it's a pathfinder but, doesn't say SE or XE but I thought I read somewhere that it depends on what options package you have and mine seems to be pretty loaded. Not sure why it wouldn't specify SE or XE if it was, just thought with all the options it may be one of those.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

92' Pathfinder

V6

Automatic

4WD

Sunroof

Roof rack

Power windows/locks

Cruise Control

Sport/Touring option

Has another button next to Sport/Touring that I guess is fog lights but I don't think it currently does anything.

Also has the E-AT button, which I've read about but not totally sure how to use it.

Also, I read somewhere that you should leave Overdrive on all the time. Is this correct? The orange overdrive light comes on when I turn it off. Seems a little weird but I'm totally new to these vehicles.

Thanks!

Well, the only real distinguishing thing that would distinguish it from xe versus se is the sunroof...cause i have xe and alot of that stuff too....anyways...

The e-at button, from what i know, changes your shift points to compensate for heavy accel. and if you watch it while you gun the truck, it will light up if on auto, but i usually turn it to power vs auto when im offroading, just for good measure.

You don't want Overdrive on for ALL situations, i.e. towing, strenuous work, offroading.....mostly towing, because when you cruise while towing being in OD could put xtra wear and tear on the engine....

You will find an overdrive button on most SUV's and towing capable trucks.....its mostly due to the fact that when people tow, they cruise @ 55-70mph, and if you've ever been cruising, you will notice your engine goes into a kind of 'sleep' mode, and if you try to quickly accelerate it shifts, THEN accelerates.....you can also see this if you cruise @ say 55, then hit the overdrive button, it will shift and end up in higher rpm's.....overdrive will save you gas on long trips and highway speeds..........

Thanks for the info. So with these options would you say I have an SE or XE? Like I said I've seen pathfinders that say "Pathfinder SE" on the back lift gate but mine just says Pathfinder but I have all the options.

Well, the only real distinguishing thing that would distinguish it from xe versus se is the sunroof...cause i have xe and alot of that stuff too....anyways...

The e-at button, from what i know, changes your shift points to compensate for heavy accel. and if you watch it while you gun the truck, it will light up if on auto, but i usually turn it to power vs auto when im offroading, just for good measure.

You don't want Overdrive on for ALL situations, i.e. towing, strenuous work, offroading.....mostly towing, because when you cruise while towing being in OD could put xtra wear and tear on the engine....

You will find an overdrive button on most SUV's and towing capable trucks.....its mostly due to the fact that when people tow, they cruise @ 55-70mph, and if you've ever been cruising, you will notice your engine goes into a kind of 'sleep' mode, and if you try to quickly accelerate it shifts, THEN accelerates.....you can also see this if you cruise @ say 55, then hit the overdrive button, it will shift and end up in higher rpm's.....overdrive will save you gas on long trips and highway speeds..........

That is called the torque converter locking up. It will still do it when your not in OD by the way, it's just not as noticeable.

That is called the torque converter locking up. It will still do it when your not in OD by the way, it's just not as noticeable.

orly? i just thought it was a shift or something, cause it does the same thing if ya turn off OD while cruisin..

I would vote SE. LE was not available until 94 and the sport package (rear disc, lsd, adjustable shocks) would most likely be on the SE. I don't know if the XE could be optioned with the sport package.

It all depend s on how hard you hit the accelerator. It could be either. But if it's the same downshift he feels when hitting the OD off button, it's an actual gear downshift, not TC unlock.

Look at your VIN number. It will start off with a W for Wagon, H for the VG30E engine, L for left hand drive, Y for 4WD, D21 which is pathfinder, then D for 4 door, since there were no 2 door 92's, then it will say P or J. J is for XE, while P is for SE. (this only applies for models made in august 89 and on.)

The first 15 digits of your VIN tell all. If you want to post the first 15 up (not uniquely identifiable to you,) I will confirm what packages came with your rig.

Edited by Indigent

I would vote SE. LE was not available until 94 and the sport package (rear disc, lsd, adjustable shocks) would most likely be on the SE. I don't know if the XE could be optioned with the sport package.

i'm sure my 89 was an LE.

jn8hd17y2nw028

Look at your VIN number. It will start off with a W for Wagon, H for the VG30E engine, L for left hand drive, Y for 4WD, D21 which is pathfinder, then D for 4 door, since there were no 2 door 92's, then it will say P or J. J is for XE, while P is for SE. (this only applies for models made in august 89 and on.)

The first 15 digits of your VIN tell all. If you want to post the first 15 up (not uniquely identifiable to you,) I will confirm what packages came with your rig.

Will do. In the shop right now, I should get it back tomorrow and I'll PM you with the info. I thought the VIN looked a little different than what you were talking about.

I am an idiot, I meant your Model number. It is found on the Plate in the engine bay on the passenger side. I am sorry for the confusion. PM that to me and I will give you the breakdown.

Well, the only real distinguishing thing that would distinguish it from xe versus se is the sunroof...

Yep and the fact that it has the adjustable suspension indicates it is an SE not an LE, I believe.

Regardless, yes, there was almost endless mix and match on these trucks...

B

The only difference between and LE and an SE are the leather seats and the body trim packages. The SE is the base model of the LE so to speak. Everything that came on an SE could be had on the LE.

Mine is a 1995 SE. Loaded with leather, heated seats, heated mirrors, sport package (LSD & rear disc) and moon roof. It even has the power antenna which does not work. Technically it should be an LE, but it's definitely marked SE. After doing some research I have determined that the LE was indroduced in 1994. It is a fully optioned SE. LEs only came with auto transmissions. SE was 4x4 only while the LE was available in 2wd. If it doesn't have leather then it is not the LE.