Anybody know of any companies making performance Sway Bars

Astroc2002

better shocks make loads of differance

Trrrrue, but when it comes to the WD21 swaying through corners, the sway bar isn't doing what its supposed to do.... which is prevent that from happening. Hints the reason for a thicker more heavy duty gauge sway bar.:rant2::headwall:

Sway-A-Way makes some :aok:

They make Sway Bars for the Pathfinder, the only thing I found on their website for the Pathfinder was their Torsion Bars. But I e-mailed them last night to confirm that they do or not. But if they do then sweet, I need one. :jig::aok:

Trrrrue, but when it comes to the WD21 swaying through corners, the sway bar isn't doing what its supposed to do.... which is prevent that from happening. Hints the reason for a thicker more heavy duty gauge sway bar.:rant2::headwall:

I'm not saying you shouldn't, I had even considered a double sway bar not to long ago.

The reason I suggested shocks is based on my experience; being 3" lifted and only a stock rear swaybar all my swaying complaints ended when I installed rancho 9000's & my panhard drop. I take on-ramps @ 45-55 mph depending on the curve and can do 90deg small intersection turns @ 25-30 mph(faster for larger intersections) and it feels fine. These aren't race cars but they still seem pretty nimble to me compared to other rigs I've driven.

Edited by MY1PATH

They make Sway Bars for the Pathfinder, the only thing I found on their website for the Pathfinder was their Torsion Bars. But I e-mailed them last night to confirm that they do or not. But if they do then sweet, I need one. :jig::aok:

"lol Sorry about that I read your post COMPLETEY wrong :hide:

But this does explain why I was a little confused about your post :crazy:

Yes, they make torsion bars, not sway bars.

I would blame the late night, but it was not that late :shrug:

"lol Sorry about that I read your post COMPLETEY wrong :hide:

But this does explain why I was a little confused about your post :crazy:

Yes, they make torsion bars, not sway bars.

I would blame the late night, but it was not that late :shrug:

So you don't know of any other company that makes a sway bar for my pathfinder for the front end do you?:coffee!:

Edited by Astroc2002

I'm not saying you shouldn't, I had even considered a double sway bar not to long ago.

The reason I suggested shocks is based on my experience; being 3" lifted and only a stock rear swaybar all my swaying complaints ended when I installed rancho 9000's & my panhard drop. I take on-ramps @ 45-55 mph depending on the curve and can do 90deg small intersection turns @ 25-30 mph(faster for larger intersections) and it feels fine. These aren't race cars but they still seem pretty nimble to me compared to other rigs I've driven.

Wait, the sway bar I'm referencing to is the front sway bar, granted my shocks are due to be changed and will probably get bilstein Sport Shocks, because I'm still running OEM height right now and probably will get a Calmini lift kit with either Fox Racing Shocks(simply because I live in the town their located at) or a different brand shock absorber company later this year or the next. But you don't know of any companies that make the front sway bar for the WD21 Pathfinder do you?:friday:

Edited by Astroc2002

i am not familiar with any aftermarket parts, but energy suspension also makes urethane bushings and end link kits which are supposedly better than the stock rubber. You could replace yours to make it a bit tighter. Some wd and d21 series trucks have different diameter sway bars. check and see if yours is 24mm. that is the thickest they come. if yours is a 20mm, you could get the parts off a wrecker in the jy and switch them for yours.

you could also lower your right height a 1/2" or so very easily buy tightening your torsion bar adjusters.

ADDCO still makes the 1" front sway bar for the WD21 which is the same size as the old Nismo ones.

They also have 1 1/8" for the R50

Was there a change between WD21's and R50's Sway Bar? :scratchhead:

Was there a change between WD21's and R50's Sway Bar? :scratchhead:

Yes. IIRC WD21 is 7/8 inch and R50 is 1" stock.

I definately know they are completely different parts numbers from Nissan.

I should also add that these aftermarket sway bars are only adding like 1/8 inch in diameter over stock. Not sure if it will make a sizable difference for $200 plus new bushings plus time.

I can still get the NISMO 1" front sway bar for the WD21 4WD with manufacturing dates up to 7/87.

also for reference; the R51 xtera swaybar and front skid are interchangeable with the wd21 pathfinder. My buddy has an X and thats how we discovered that.

also for reference; the R51 xtera swaybar and front skid are interchangeable with the wd21 pathfinder. My buddy has an X and thats how we discovered that.

Really, damn. I can sure use a replacement Front Skid. The transmission shop took my stock OEM one off and forgot to put it back on last year. The odds are I'll get an AC Front Skid. :rant2::angry::blink::headwall:

Edited by Astroc2002