Awesome Datsun pulling under 12 in the 1/4 mile

unccpathfinder

Not that much money...those cars go like hell with header,intake,four-barrel carb..

If you want one to really go,pull the head and port,back-cut the valves...

114 leaded also helps

I was thinking more 120 race fuel!

What does headers, intakes, carb upgrades, etc. have to do with a battery powered car?

That's the good thing about electric cars, all the torque is there instantly. That would be awesome for wheelin', but would be lame because you don't have an engine note to go with it.

Edited by Kingman

thats dirty! i wish i could do that! just wait 10 years and they will have rock crawlers on batters.... ok maybe 20 years... if that...

Nah somebody's probably working on one right now

Jeep was planning on making a hybrid wrangler, but who knows if that will see the light of day

Jeep was planning on making a hybrid wrangler, but who knows if that will see the light of day

i hope it does....that way when they can't make it up a hill, or pull another jeep out of mud, then we can laugh @ their 50,000 dollar wrangler, and go on with our v6!!!

Im never selling my pathfinder, cause i don't trust others to be half decent, instead when i blow my motor, im replacing it with a nice turbo diesel, and ill be running that french fry gas :D

seriously...america would be a much better place if we all were diesel, better mpg, cheaper gas, cooler... ;)

Edited by OldSlowReliable

Yeah, but Hybrids don't work quite like that. What would be best for a crawler would be a setup like a train locomotive has; a continuously running diesel engine to power a generator to transmit power to large electric motors on each wheel. :togo: No drive shafts, no diffs, you could set each wheel/motor on an independent strut, you could control each wheels speed seperately.