I got 2 new switches in my dash

fleurys

....Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh would say Paillasson ...that is exactattakly what was on my wishsshh list.... !!! ...expensive ? ... and do you plan any lsd or front locker too for the front...? cause there is a little room for another switch :D Félicitations !!

P.S. ...might be a stupid question but where did you install the compressor ?

Edited by Pinip

might be a stupid question but where did you install the compressor ?

if you click on the link (underneath the picture), you'll get all your answers ;-)

if you click on the link (underneath the picture), you'll get all your answers ;-)

other question that has been debated on other topics...i always thought an observed that when stocked in snow mud... on 4wd low, the right back wheel and the front left wheel synchronize... same for the left back wheel and the right front wheel... true or not true ? if true, it would mean that if you lock the back wheels, it would mean that the front wheels do also lock ? right or wrong ?

other question that has been debated on other topics...i always thought an observed that when stocked in snow mud... on 4wd low, the right back wheel and the front left wheel synchronize... same for the left back wheel and the right front wheel... true or not true ? if true, it would mean that if you lock the back wheels, it would mean that the front wheels do also lock ? right or wrong ?

wrong, the reason for the scronzing is prolly because if one wheel has no traction it may be in a rut and the vehicle has shifted toward that rut using the 2 wheels that have traction as a pivot point the diagonal opposite wheel has less load and therefore less traction because of the weight shift.

now that he is locked in back, fwd left and right will spin based on which has least traction reguadless of what the rear is doing.

wrong, the reason for the scronzing is prolly because if one wheel has no traction it may be in a rut and the vehicle has shifted toward that rut using the 2 wheels that have traction as a pivot point the diagonal opposite wheel has less load and therefore less traction because of the weight shift.

now that he is locked in back, fwd left and right will spin based on which has least traction reguadless of what the rear is doing.

...hopefully you will excuse my ignorance...but on a 1991/95, does a T-case acts more or less like a lsd, diametricaly between the back right wheel and the front left wheel, or between the back left wheel and the front right wheel... with a lesser resistance than on the front or back differencial interactivity with their respective wheels ? ouf... i am just about a screw driver mechanic... at this point...

...hopefully you will excuse my ignorance...but on a 1991/95, does a T-case acts more or less like a lsd, diametricaly between the back right wheel and the front left wheel, or between the back left wheel and the front right wheel... with a lesser resistance than on the front or back differencial interactivity with their respective wheels ? ouf... i am just about a screw driver mechanic... at this point...

a transfer case will only sent the power to the front and rear diff in an equal manner. There is no left-right thing involved. At that point, depending of what you have in your diff (locked, open or lsd) you'll either turn 2 wheels (locked) or only 1 (open) or what i called 1 1/2 (lsd)...the open and lsd with always let the wheel with the less resistance turn. So you could very well have the 2 left wheel turn if you were to be in a situation were these wheels would be in mud while the right ones would be on solid ground. The transfer case has nothing to do with this...

The transfer case will send (on our rigs) a 50/50 split between front and back..nothing more, nothing less.

a transfer case will only sent the power to the front and rear diff in an equal manner. There is no left-right thing involved. At that point, depending of what you have in your diff (locked, open or lsd) you'll either turn 2 wheels (locked) or only 1 (open) or what i called 1 1/2 (lsd)...the open and lsd with always let the wheel with the less resistance turn. So you could very well have the 2 left wheel turn if you were to be in a situation were these wheels would be in mud while the right ones would be on solid ground. The transfer case has nothing to do with this...

The transfer case will send (on our rigs) a 50/50 split between front and back..nothing more, nothing less.

...thank you Fleurys, for the info...i found a complement of your explainations on this ...i should have read first...quite deceiving, they should have builded all 4x4 with lockers or lsd to start with... logical...

Edited by Pinip

Take them out quick!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give them to ME for disposal! You don't want those in there. :D

ok...I'll send you the blue thing under the hood too and a big piece of metal that was put in my diff... They all came with the switch...let know your address and thank you for helping me out...

ok...I'll send you the blue thing under the hood too and a big piece of metal that was put in my diff... They all came with the switch...let know your address and thank you for helping me out...

:chairfall: