Fluids

What up my Pathfinder Posse?! :lol:

Doing a fluid flush this weekend, wondering what's good for the diffs, AT and transfer case. Mostly just threading this to see what other people have used and why. :D

Was looking at Eneos stuff online but I doubt having ATF fluid shipped here would be feasible... :thumbsdown:

I will probably have the dealer do the tranny, but I put in 75W90 Mobil 1 in the rear diff over the wkend. Hope to get to the front diff with the same fluid this wkend. Cant justify the price of Amsoil & Royal Purp right now.

Yea i wanted to know this same thing. My bad boy is in dire need of a fluid flush (160k and I don't think any fluids besides oil and coolant have been changed before-ive had this since it had 145k)

• 1 month later...

FYI, I spoke with a friendly neighborhood dealer parts desk. (Shockingly, such things do exist.)

1. "Mobil 1 should be fine"

2. "Dude, save your money on the so-called Nissan Coolant. It's just green stuff."

3. "It makes NO SENSE to buy AT Fluid here. Get Dexron III anywhere and you're fine."

• 3 weeks later...
FYI, I spoke with a friendly neighborhood dealer parts desk. (Shockingly, such things do exist.)

1. "Mobil 1 should be fine"

2. "Dude, save your money on the so-called Nissan Coolant. It's just green stuff."

3. "It makes NO SENSE to buy AT Fluid here. Get Dexron III anywhere and you're fine."

GoPathy,

That is good to hear! Have only met a few places like that. Went to a local dealer for A/C O-rings and he wanted $3.75 each.... List is around $2.30. He marked up an already insane list price... Sure I will go back.... Never

Put in Mobil 1 for front diff and plan to use Mobil 1 synthetic for xfer case as well. I have never read anything negative about Amsoil but I didnt want to wait to order it.

I went full synthetic on my '98 SE a while ago and don't regret it at all...

Manual Transmision and Transfer Case: Red Line MT-90 Synthetic Gear Oil (GL-4, DO NOT use GL-5 stuff in your transmission)

Front and Read Diffs: Red Line 70-W90 NS Synthetic Gear Oil (GL-5) - just make sure you add friction modifiers or get the non-NS stuff if you have an LSD.

Engine: Mobil 1 10-W30 Synthetic Engine Oil

She runs great...and with no significant leaks so far.

I could not justify the really expensive stuff in the engine (red line, amsoil, royal purple), so I used Mobile 1, but for components with longer maintenance intervals, like transmission and differentials, I think it is well worth the money to get the best stuff if you plan on keeping your truck for a while.

Good luck!