O crap oil light came on need anwser 1994 pathfinder

Do you have any tension on the engine with the hoist? If so it might be causing some bind. Might try putting a jack under the tranny and see if a little lift on it will unbind it also.

Sure you got all the bolts off?

Ya dude my engine came foward like 2-3 feet. I can see the tork converter. Problems is that I cant get the engine out the deep sump is hiting the transfur case and the tork converter is still inside the transmission

Do you have any tension on the engine with the hoist? If so it might be causing some bind. Might try putting a jack under the tranny and see if a little lift on it will unbind it also.

Sure you got all the bolts off?

post-16700-1241157139_thumb.jpg

When I pulled mine, I made sure I had the flywheel disxconnected from the torque converter, had the radiator removed to gain clearance, had the fan and pulley's off for additional clearance, and had to jack the tranny up a bit to gain the right angle to slide the engine forward and out.

I had the flywheel disxconnected from the torque converter

flywheel = manual tranny w/ clutch pressure plate

flexplate = torque converter = auto tranny

Are you telling me my car has both :shiftyeyes:

so confused

When I pulled mine, I made sure I had the flywheel disxconnected from the torque converter, had the radiator removed to gain clearance, had the fan and pulley's off for additional clearance, and had to jack the tranny up a bit to gain the right angle to slide the engine forward and out.
Edited by 4wheeldrivefun

Ya dude my engine came foward like 2-3 feet. I can see the tork converter. Problems is that I cant get the engine out the deep sump is hiting the transfur case and the tork converter is still inside the transmission

in my experiences with pulling engines, i have alway's had to disconect the torqe converter from the flex plate, otherwise you'll never get the engine out. put a jack under the trany so you can lift it a little bit, then pull the engine out. it helps if the hood is off but not totally needed, you can just push the hood back as far as it will go and prop it up.

hope this helps. and good luck.

I had the flywheel disxconnected from the torque converter

flywheel = manual tranny w/ clutch pressure plate

flexplate = torque converter = auto tranny

Are you telling me my car has both :shiftyeyes:

so confused

nah... I tend to use the terms interchangably

nah... I tend to use the terms interchangably

Me too, the big piece of spinning metal on the back of the crank is a flywheel no matter what tranny you use behind it.

you should have unbolted the torque converter from teh flex plate first. I bet you'll jack up your seals if you pull it from the tranny while attached to the engine. Seen it done SOOO many times.

If your lifters are not tapping, its not your oil pump.

I havent had oil pressure in my rig for.. umm.. 14 years.

Me too, the big piece of spinning metal on the back of the crank is a flywheel no matter what tranny you use behind it.

A lot of folks use the terms interchangably, it's no big deal.

For any newbs reading, technically he's right though, a flywheel is something that has significant inertia to affect a rotating assembly. If you ordered a flywheel from a parts supply place, you would get a manual trans version not a flex plate.

I just wanted to update my post incase anyone else runs into this,

I ended up geting the engine out. The front diff unbolts and falls right out there are bolts on top of it that I had missed. Than the engine just comes right up and out.

Turns out that my oil pump broke appart inside of the casing.

Edited by 4wheeldrivefun

I will post pictures of the busted oil pump very soon. I have not owned this truck very long. Other than when the oil light came on I have never ran it dry. What would or could case an oil pump to shater into like 4 busted parts. I got a new oil pump today from autozone it was 210.00 not cheap but the stupid auto shop wanted to charge me 1300. plus tax to install a new engine. :thumbsdown:

I think this is a much better way to go. I will also be posting pictures of the car with out the engine it in etc.

Ouch...that sucks.
Edited by 4wheeldrivefun