wet drivers side floor pan

desross

1995 d21 :I have wet carpet on the drivers side floor pan, so i pull the carpet up,dry it out, put it back down and after the first lot of rain it is wet again,so up with the carpet again,get the wife out side with the hose and run over front screen and drivers door after 15 min no water inside ??????. carpet was more wet on the door side of the pan so i don't think it is the heater core. any one have any ideas or things thay have found in the past. thanks des

for starters...pull the cowl covers off and clean out any debris that is in there...I would assume it is full of leaves and can fill up with water when it rains...once it fills up and doesnt drain it then probably comes in through the outside air panel if your RH drive i'm almost 100% this is going to be your problem...LH drive makes it a little more complex b/c the water would have to travel down the duct work and what not...if not maybe its been wrecked and there is a leak along the firewall

That would cause the passenger side to get wet before the driver's side.

He's in NZ is it RHD or LHD? I don't know enough about Terrano's to know and if it is RHD do they put the blower motor and everything on the LH side or is it still on the RH side...

You are right, missed that we were talking driver side....

But are not NZ vehicles right hand drive??

But even then if it is driver side it would not matter, the AC drain would be on the passenger (left in this case) side....

so I would still be wrong! LOL

Edited by Alkorahil

hey all!

does your floor have any holes? my 93 pathfinder's was rotted right out. I ripped up the carpet and the insulation was soaked. ripped that up and there was a hole the size of my head. the exhaust runs right under my floor and started burning the insulation. kinda funny when your water soaked floor starts to steam due to hole being right above the exhaust flange.