talking to much about food, my path got ...sandwiched

Pinip

Material matter come and go as my father always told me always get the better thinks from bad experiences I bet is true my wife lost her car last year in an accident but we are glad she was not seriously injured

Great to see your are OK and don´t worry about the looking of your pathy if is a pathy is good anyway

/\/\/\ true!

i remember grim greg saying something about the frames on 90-93's being better quality steel than the 94-95's I';m sure he will chime in about that sooner or later.

if you take your time and don't be too picky you will find a good one. I was considering getting one from usa, but i don't want to deal with the customs guys to import one. i might get one from BC instead. they are a little more expensive, but they seem to stay in better shape than thier salt belt counterparts

94-95 are the best years if you can find one without rust (only draw back). Newer dash style and 105,000 mile timing belt life instead of 60,000 mile...

B

...with full frame ? or tubular gismo ? i mean integrated frame

Edited by Pinip

I'm sorry Pinip, you lost me... :shrug:

I was considering getting one from usa, but i don't want to deal with the customs guys to import one.

Dowser imported one recently and did sort of a write up on what he had to do, coupled with an offer to explain the best way to do it if someone needed to know.

While it is far for you, I see a lot of good trucks with low miles for fair prices here. I bought my 95xe with 96k miles for $3300 and just saw a 95SE with 108k miles for $3000 for sale.

Sure, you can find a beater with 200k on the clock for $1000, but I'd rather pay a bit more and get one with low miles and great shape. Besides, who thinks $3500 is expensive for a 'low' milage, fully loaded 4x4??? :D

B

I'm sorry Pinip, you lost me... :shrug:

Dowser imported one recently and did sort of a write up on what he had to do, coupled with an offer to explain the best way to do it if someone needed to know.

While it is far for you, I see a lot of good trucks with low miles for fair prices here. I bought my 95xe with 96k miles for $3300 and just saw a 95SE with 108k miles for $3000 for sale.

Sure, you can find a beater with 200k on the clock for $1000, but I'd rather pay a bit more and get one with low miles and great shape. Besides, who thinks $3500 is expensive for a 'low' milage, fully loaded 4x4??? :D

B

if your lost... at least you are on this planet...well...your feet...i am still in orbit...lol... :friday: but i know i never wrote that quote ''I was considering getting one from usa, but i don't want to deal with the customs guys to import one." so lost...be it that makes two of us lol sorry Precise1, i don't quite understand how i made you in position of feeling lost...in this topic... however, the idea of getting a Path from the states is quite intelligent (you got all the just about clean ones)...the distance remains an important factor, countless, the paper works for crossing a f...ed border with an alien descriptible vehicule...pfff...that is a royal pain in zzze ...ss...so far nobody is lost...

Edited by Pinip

...see i paid $400.00 for that truck, i invested $2500.00 just in parts...labour ? time and money consuming...you are right...better invest more, but here rust is common, and i don't want to spend as much energy and time and money as i did, just to get to the basics... as someone said : the first one was a good learning path...although i owned a X-terra 2000 before... for 4 years...but it was a buy and wear thing, and not as good as the path 1990... honestly ... i don't like those new paths, living room style... numless offroad luxury 4x4... i'd choose a Lada Niva instead...houa haha !!

Edited by Pinip

wow....that is insane...looks like my bronco II did from the front end collision...it broke the frame on the drivers side and streached it on the pass side and neither door would open....thats probably one of the worst bang up jobs i've seen on a pathy and i've seen some that took some good licks in the JY...amazed that you didnt have any injuries...I imagine your body still aches...my advice about buying it back and selling using good parts went out the window...I highly doubt the engine/transmission are good anymore b/c of the impact

Glad you're alright again esp after seeing those pix...

i remember grim greg saying something about the frames on 90-93's being better quality steel than the 94-95's I';m sure he will chime in about that sooner or later.

Not true about the 93's, ours rusted out worse than the 95 I bought recently.

Pinip. I recently saw a few nice looking 94 paths here in ottawa... Do you want me to take a look for you? If thats not too far.

wow....that is insane...looks like my bronco II did from the front end collision...it broke the frame on the drivers side and streached it on the pass side and neither door would open....thats probably one of the worst bang up jobs i've seen on a pathy and i've seen some that took some good licks in the JY...amazed that you didnt have any injuries...I imagine your body still aches...my advice about buying it back and selling using good parts went out the window...I highly doubt the engine/transmission are good anymore b/c of the impact

Glad you're alright again esp after seeing those pix...

... i was a little stiff yesterday...probably due to the stress of it...but i took care of it... wine and a little pill for muscles... funny when i went back to the path, i actually never got to see the damages...could not get on the driver side of the truck due to the traffic still flowing, fireman and all... i was impressed... i know, it does not matter if you don't have a airbag...the path acts like one... i know it passes the crash test... lol...

Edited by Pinip

...still in the ''burger'' topic , in order to consolate myself about Precise1 's burger...that is what we had yesterday with Poutine !! it is 100% junk, but once in a while.miam miam !!

Edited by Pinip

shiznit ?? what is it...is that an eatable expression ? :rofl:

I don't see why not. If words were edible I'd have the ultimate solution to world famine. :lol:

It means really good. In this case, poutine is great. I think I may have to make some this weekend. :jig:

I don't see why not. If words were edible I'd have the ultimate solution to world famine. :lol:

It means really good. In this case, poutine is great. I think I may have to make some this weekend. :jig:

...might as well go for it...we'll then leave the eatable words to politicians... bon appetit !!

edible ? not eatable ?

Edited by Pinip