third tail light

ac92pathfinder

i have a 95 pathfinder and i found my third tsil light not working it looks like an led light is there a fix foe this with out replacing the whole thing? :scratchhead::puterpunch::chairfall::fireworx:

Dude I doubt it is an LED unless it is aftermarket. If it is stock I think you just unscrew the sides and it is a small bulb inside that you can bring into any parts store and they can match it up.

If I'm right I think he may be talking about the one that is attached to the roof at the top of the door. I hav one on my 95 Terrano and it is indeed a LED type light.

And if I'm wrong, I'll just shut the fcuk up...... lol

Edited by kiwipete

If I'm right I think he may be talking about the one that is attached to the roof at the top of the door. I hav one on my 95 Terrano and it is indeed a LED type light.

And if I'm wrong, I'll just shut the fcuk up...... lol

i'll look m ore into it i could be wrong lol just looks like little led lights behind the lense

i don't think they're LEDs but I think its a sealed light and you have to replace that...grr was gonna go to bed...gonna go pull the 94 one off of my 87 hatch thats sitting in the garage

yea its a sealed light...the batteyr in my garage is dead so i cant tell if its LED for sure but i pulled the rubber grommet off and there is a circuit board in there so i'll assume it could be LED but never really thought about it

Edited by unccpathfinder

i highly doubt they're LED on a 95
THEY ARE LED.

LED's are not some new High tech thing, they have been arround for decades, It is only recently thaty they are becoming more popular. and Technology has been able to make them brighter too.

I installed one on my 89, It came from a jy 94. I have seen others that are as well.

the wd21 third brake lamps pop up in e-bay and junk yards. too keep your color matching just unscrew the fixture from the door and then unscrew the LED module from the fixture (its one long red piece with like 30 led's in it) take your donor module and put it in the fixture and connect the small wire harness and your rear bug-juice hose and your done.

Edited by MY1PATH

wow i even went ot autozone and it told me thenumber for the bulb and i got it before i found out it was a led but im gonna look it over some more when i get a chance. i wonder if i can convert it to a bulb? i just hate when any light not working on the truck.

sure you could convert it to a bulb...get a dremil and cut out the back side and rip the board out and probably all the LEDs and rig up something...i'd just replace it b/c the LEDs will go "forever" and are probably still good the board or wiring is probably the issue

What is the issue with your light, surely all the LED haven't gone bad?

I would suggest having a good look at the board and checking there isn't a break on it preventing the lights from working. If this is the case, it is an easy fix with a soldering iron and a fine bit of wire to bridge the break.