spare tire

ac92pathfinder

on the original spare tire rim can i put a full size tire on it? know it will fit on the rim but not sure if it will work on the car. im guessing my spare is it 215 75 15 i want to put a 31 on there.

Edited by ac92pathfinder

Sorry Slick, but wrong...

The chromies are 15x6 and the legos are 15x7. I have both 235/75/15 and 10.5x31x15 on chromies. The 10.5x31 do not fit well (too pinched, rounding the tread), and I believe shops can actually refuse to mount them as they are out side of 'recommended' widths.

15x7 rims would be ok; I am getting 15x8 rims to mount my new set of 10.5x31s.

To sum it up, get another rim for your full sized spare, the stock emergency one is inadequate.

B

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to bring this back from the dead, but its either this or start a new one...

I got out my spare and measured it today, and its a 215 75 15 on a 15x6.5(i measured from furthest point to furthest point, so its prly only 6")

But will this warrant use of it as a full size spare rim?

j/w...sorry

As long as you gave me the right size... ;)

Matching tires and rims are always a good idea though... :shrug:

B

The spare says 215/75/15, and i measured the width from the furthest outer points, and i got 6.5

And i put it up to the chromie, and it looks almost the exact same, but its not chrome, its the same design in a nonchrome metal thing

note, that the spare says do not go over 50mph and its only a temp spare

Edited by OldSlowReliable

I think the warning is more for the tire, not the wheel itself. I have one with a 235 on it and one with a 31 on it. Never had to use either one but I do have far too many wheels/tires laying around.

On my trucks that came with the legos it had a temporary tire on a non chrome rim. On my truck with the chrome rims, it came with a general ameritrac 235 75 r15 the same size of the tires on my truck... I have seen several of the XE pathy's with the same spare. And nowhere on the tire does it say temporary use only...

On my trucks that came with the legos it had a temporary tire on a non chrome rim. On my truck with the chrome rims, it came with a general ameritrac 235 75 r15 the same size of the tires on my truck... I have seen several of the XE pathy's with the same spare. And nowhere on the tire does it say temporary use only...

Mine is on a nonchrome rim and on it sits a bridgestone tire (with pretty nice tread design...better than any tire ive owned) and it says in BIG letters, TEMPORARY USE ONLY DO NOT EXCEED 50MPH.....and the size is 215/75/15

i think if i walk into a place with a temp spare and a full size tire, they prly won't mount it :S

Will it fit over the center support?

Mine is on a nonchrome rim... and it says in BIG letters, TEMPORARY USE ONLY DO NOT EXCEED 50MPH.....and the size is 215/75/15

Exactly what I have. Why a 4x4 with an external mount comes with a useless donut emergency spare, I'll never understand...

B

Will it fit over the center support?

Exactly what I have. Why a 4x4 with an external mount comes with a useless donut emergency spare, I'll never understand...

B

I know!? they even put a nice treaded tire....that can't be used for more than a short drive to a phone

frustrating, but i have a line on a full set of toyota 6 lug, 15x6, for 40 bucks :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just a 'check-in'

I got 5 free 235/75/15 (my tire size), one is a brand new pirelli scorpion....

I took the temp spare, and the pirelli to walmart tire, and since its an ACTUAL tire, not a donut like on sedans, they mounted right up, and because my shop didn't have the correct kind of balance weights, they used ones that clipped to the inside the best they could, gave me a free valve stem, washed it up, and gave me back all that i came with for only FIVE DOLLARS...