265/75/16

ronin152

i had the same exact size BFG on my R50. Its a nice tire. Get ready for the difference in acceleration and braking.

Haha when I ask people what they think about 32's everyones like oh great go for it they will be fine! Now I get them and everyones like oh get ready for ****** acceleration and braking. Haha.

Haha when I ask people what they think about 32's everyones like oh great go for it they will be fine! Now I get them and everyones like oh get ready for ****** acceleration and braking. Haha.

I wouldn't worry about that with the VQ R50. Even in my '98, running 32's I still accel and brake just fine. :D

Those Tires Look GREAT! I ordered my springs this week from AC....Now I'm deciding what Wheel/Tire Combo I should go with. I will be getting strut spacers to level out. I just love the look of 32"! I'm going to go with some sort of Black Steelies...15" or 16" x 8"....I don't know. In any event, what would my tire sizes be if I get 15" or 16" to achieve 32"??? Can Anyone talk me out of it and go with the recommended 31"? I value everyones opinion on this forum! Thanks. :scratchhead:

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

Alright, here is what I have found out. With a 2 inch lift kit about the maximum tire size you can fit is a 265/75/16. To accomplish this I used a 16x8 4.0 BS wheel. It was called Eagle Alloy Series 185 and can be found at www.summitracing.com. From looking at the strut you could probaly get away with some wheels that have a backspacing of maybe 4.25 and maybe pushing it but 4.50. The tires fill out the wheel wells very well and look really great. They also sit pretty flush with the fenders and look just right. The tires will rub on the mud flaps and the inside of the fender and they have to be removed. To also address another factor, I was expecting the wheels to make the truck feel very "heavy", slow, and make for bad braking. However, you really do not notice this at all and the truck actually rides very well and feels like the tires are just a little bit different then stock. The difference in power really wasn't that bad either. Overall, I would say that the difference in power, braking, and handling is really not that different then stock and I would even go as far as to say that it rides better then stock! More rubber to cushion the ride. Hope this helps everyone. I knew I had alot of questions going into this and if anyone needs any help let me know.

DSC02979.jpg

DSC02980.jpg

DSC02981.jpg

DSC02982.jpg

DSC02983.jpg

DSC02984.jpg

DSC02985.jpg

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02989.jpg

Those Tires Look GREAT! I ordered my springs this week from AC....Now I'm deciding what Wheel/Tire Combo I should go with. I will be getting strut spacers to level out. I just love the look of 32"! I'm going to go with some sort of Black Steelies...15" or 16" x 8"....I don't know. In any event, what would my tire sizes be if I get 15" or 16" to achieve 32"??? Can Anyone talk me out of it and go with the recommended 31"? I value everyones opinion on this forum! Thanks. :scratchhead:

IMO steelies are not worthid. I figured it out and steelies in 16in weigh exactly 50 pounds more! Thats alot of extra weight to be pushing around on your wheels.

I would probaly say that you would need to go with the extra BS in the wheel. Though a 33 would just be .5 taller than what I have. I think it could work the only problem is it would most likely rub like heck.

ronin,

i'm interested in another aspect of tire/strut clearance. height-wise, do you think the 4.0in backspacing wheels will work with a 33in or 34in tire? or do you think i should run less backspacing, like 3.5in or 3.75in, to prevent the sidewall from rubbing the strut lower spring mount?

Depends on the width, too. With the 32x10's I've got now on 16x8, 3.75" backspacing provides only minimal clearance from the strut. I plan on going with 33x12.5" tires and would prolly need 2.75-3" BS to clear the strut.

I'm still unsure how all this works though... :lol:

After driving on the highway today I noticed that around 55 I got a severe steering wheel shake. What is causing this. I only fear the shake around 50-55. Tires were just balanced.

Get those tires rebalanced and re-aligned. I had the exact same issue and that's what fixed it. Needless to say, it also scared the hell outta me. :(

Doesn't mean they properly attached the weight. I've had mine balanced and then an hour later the weight came off on the freeway and it scared the living hell out of me.

Like they said, its more likely to be wheel balance. Although you could have a bent rim? Or even have water inside your tire (bad air, or if you had a flat and use that green ooze crap).

Or your alignment came off.

Or it's a gremlin (my money is on this! :lol:)

Jose