U.P.S. stopped by today

morpheus

Wow, that hasn't happened to me thus far... over 40K of hard mudding and skidder trails... But this does warrant further investigation. Thanks for sharing your results!

I just did a search and found my original post from August 2007...

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...hl=strut++mount

There's some good info there on this subject...hope it helps.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, 7 hours later, almost busting a finger, and almost throwing a strut across the shop...... it's in...

I knew AC lifts were inconsistant, but I knew there was something wrong..

Got the whole front put together, and man did it look high.. figured it was because the back wasnt done, so put the back together. Something still didn't look right:

Before:

DSCN1065.JPG

After:

DSCN1080.JPG

Thats right... 4 inches

The back

Before:

DSCN1066.JPG

After:

DSCN1083.JPG

Thats right... 2 inches..

The front was sitting higher than the back now:

DSCN1084.JPG

I had to take the whole front apart again and remove the spacers to bring it back to level again:

Front final:

DSCN1085.JPG

Rear final:

DSCN1086.JPG

Final alignment:

DSCN1089.JPG

Before:

DSCN1008.JPG

After:

DSCN1092.JPG

I am sure you already know this... but I thought I'd throw it out... :coffee!:

are you sure the ride wouldn't have evened out after driving it a little? It sits higher when first installed then settles out.

I am sure you already know this... but I thought I'd throw it out... :coffee!:

are you sure the ride wouldn't have evened out after driving it a little? It sits higher when first installed then settles out.

It may settle eventually, and with a bumper and winch too, but it wouldn't have driven very well the way it was. I may have to install the spacers afterwards.

It may settle eventually, and with a bumper and winch too, but it wouldn't have driven very well the way it was. I may have to install the spacers afterwards.

Actually, to me, the AFTER Photo looks like its pretty raked (not level). just an observation. hope my lift turns out well too!

Actually, to me, the AFTER Photo looks like its pretty raked (not level). just an observation. hope my lift turns out well too!

There is about a 1" difference between the front and rear, however a lot of the different look in the pic could be because there's a little bit of a slope in the parking lot.

Ever think that it 'lifted' so much because the stock springs were just sagging that much? I don't about yours, but it is only 2 years older than mine (and 11 years old) and mine is like an inch and a half lower than stock. Just a thought.

Jose

It would appear that you are correct. I can't comment on the Snake Racing install directions.

You could mount mine either way... But it depends on how much you want to push the CV joints. Here's my personal opinion. For my 01, I wouldn't care if they were on top because the odds of it running with one wheel off the ground except for here and there are minimal. Now for my 97, I will not mount them on top, as I have already lost 1 cv joint, and I put that rig in the air, and frequently have wheels air ridding when running through old creek beds to get fishing or through awesome muddy skidder trails.

Can you tell me the difference between the 3 pictured spacers on NX4industries.com site 3/8" 7/16" 1/2" ??? Why are there 3 choices?? Which one would I need??? I have a 96 4x4 SE..... :clickdalink:NX4Industries.com

Can you tell me the difference between the 3 pictured spacers on NX4industries.com site 3/8" 7/16" 1/2" ??? Why are there 3 choices?? Which one would I need??? I have a 96 4x4 SE..... :clickdalink:NX4Industries.com

I'll answer my own question.....the following is a reply from NX4.....with an interesting new product that I for sure will be getting!

Good evening,

It all depends on what you, the customer, want. For example, the factory press in studs are 10mm, the nearest imperial size is 3/8" (9.525mm). This is more of a direct replacement. For added strength, I offer 7/16" (11.1125mm) fasteners, or 1/2" (12.7mm) fasteners, all GR8. 7/16" and 1/2" fasteners require some minor drilling in the strut mounts to accommodate the larger fasteners.

The option also exists (recommended but optional) to thread the fastener. This helps secure the fastener in place to assist in installation. I will also within a week or two, be offering complete upper strut assemblies with pressed in studs already in the lower mount, of the aformentioned sizes. This will eliminate any difficulties in assembling, and eliminate the need to thread the spacer.

If you wish, I will add you to our mailing list to keep you posted on product and service developments.

I hope this answers your questions

Warmest regards

Jeff Rimmer CET

Owner Operator

NX4 Industries

sales@nx4industries.com

www.nx4industries.com

so you're going to pay extra for something you can do yourself with a drill?

The only "Extra" cost is for the 1/2" hardware, which is only a few extra dollars vs the 3/8 hardware.

The option for the pressed in studs will be more, because the fasteners again cost more and it includes a new bottom bracket.

Hope that clears it up.

Again, please visit the website for future product releases.

www.nx4industries.com

Regards

In the middle of fabricating a bumper for the truck:

DSCN1203.JPG

still need to finish the swing arm and paint.

Been following the build on www.cdn-ntc.ca, looking great! Look forward to seeing the final product.

Been following the build on www.cdn-ntc.ca, looking great! Look forward to seeing the final product.

daddy rim, i did something similar, not as fancy though, that is what i call a real bumper... the oem ones are pretty decorative and smushy and easy to scrap...Bravo !!

i don't like the side of that rear bumper. what was the idea behind that?

It's a poor picture, looks much better in person. We shaped it so it didn't look like a railroad tie bolted onto the back of the truck.

like i said, i think it's just the very low angle in that pic that makes it look awkward to me. that doesn't mean i'm not jealous of it. :D

looking forward to seeing the finished product with your tire carrier!

the bottom edge of the side wing goes up, then it comes back down. should be a great anchor to get hung up on the rocks!

I see what you are saying...it's a bad pic and wrong angle. We also adjusted the angles and such after that pic, so when you see it done it will make sense.

It doesn't go up then down now, it goes across then down to the wheel well if that makes sense? Don't forget the angles from the back looking forward, give huge departure angle so you would really have to F-up to get it to act like an "anchor".

Looks solid to me! :aok:

And there are plans to add a swivel tire carrier? Sweet! Can't wait to see the finished product. :D

It's already there. I'll post pics after paint and install.