Swapping Rear Wiper Motor

Punkfinder

I checked my Chilton and Haynes and couldn't find any mention of the rear wiper motor. Before I tear my tailgate apart to 'trial & error' it, I thought I'd see if anyone else had done this swap and had any suggestions...

I've read Alkorahil's post (http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19256&hl=rear+wiper) that includes the diagrams; very helpful, BTW. My question is more about how to access the wiper motor/parts etc.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Punkfinder

I've changed mine. The whole assembly comes in one piece. Thats What did at least... Its just as easy as it looks. Remove the tailgate trim, remove the wiper arm and the nut and bushing like things behind it. Then on the other side (inside) remove the bolts holding the assebly to the tailgate. Also unplug the wires. It should come out fairly easily.

remove the plastic cover covering the inside of the hatch. be careful when you take them apart. sometimes you tear the clips off the plastic panel. Once you get that panel off, you should be able to see the motor and associated wiring. I've never removed my motor, but it was sticking a while ago and i took the hatch panel off to see if there was something wrong. I ended up having to lubricate the bolt the wiper arm attaches to from the exterior of the vehicle. It worked fine after i cleaned some corrosion off and relubed it.

Its 4 screws... 3-5 Electrical connections (i got an 88 so idk if they changed the amount of connections... i got 3 or 4) then you rotate the assembly and it comes out... just make sure you have the shaft out of the hole on the outside... I bent the opening inward now i gotta get it taken care of cause it wont seal right....