front lift

tyrhine

I would ask the kind people at AC that "engineered" those UCA's if they have any ideas as well. For aftermarket lift UCA's AC certainly makes the worst ones on the market even though they talk a string of crap about how cool they are.

I've had AC, Superlift and stock UCA's all side by side and the AC UCA's were the poorest built, with the closest angles to stock.

Take some pics for us?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are pics if your looking at the front end, didn't have a floor jack so I couldn't jack it up. and the camber is fixd because I haven't cranked up my torsion bars that much if you look at the bumb stops they are like 2-3 inches off.

Picture005-3.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

and here is my clown car tee hee. and I have the front at stock hight so I can drive it.

Picture011-1.jpg

Edited by tyrhine

It might be that the UCA's are in fact too short to allow you to lift it at all and still have it aligned properly. Still have a stock UCA laying around you can compare measurements with? Try measuring from the center of the spindle (as close as you can get) to the center of the upper BJ hole.

so yea I was looking at my old UCA's and it looks the same size as the stock ones awesome! haha but I've seen people lift the with the stock uca's on. so would could be going on? should I try and sell the ones I have and pick some better ones? I'm taking it to the 4wheel parts guys they are going to see what they can do. its like 50 bucks to check it out. I think I'm doing the torsion bars wrong.

Thing about AC arms is some people report problems and some don't, take for instance 5523Pathfinders (he's posted above) his trucks ok, he had little issue which he tracked down to something else (T-Bar Indexing)

So if they cannot find something wrong and reindexing the torsion bars as 5523 mentioned above does not solve it then either there is something else wrong with the truck, like a tweaked frame or maybe something wrong with the arms you got. I along with a few others got UCA's from Rough Country (exact same thing as SuperLift) that were from a batch of bad ones. Problem was identified and replacements were gladly given :aok:

This doesn't make sense at all. Cranking the T-bars SHOULD in ANY case make the tires go /--\ not \--/. This is going to sound like a VERY stupid question, but are you referencing the spacing between the upper or lower bumpstops? Is it at all possible you're cranking the t-bars down instead of up?

The spacing between the UCA and the upper bump stop should get smaller when you crank the t-bars up. Conversely, the spacing between the Lower Control Arm (LCA) and the lower bump stop will increase as you crank it up.

yea I'm pretty sure I'm doing this right because when I crank them up the space between the bumb stops gets smaller and the front end lifts up. I'm taking it 4wheel parts and have them look at it because I can't find the problem. as far as frame damage I'v look'd it over a billion times but I might be missing something. so I havent compared my new UCA's to my stock ones. but if they are the same size, did they give me the wrong ones or are they just made like that?

Edited by tyrhine

yea but you can lift your front end with stock uca's right? I think I'm just going to reindex them again and see if I can mess with it heh. it sucks because I don't own floor jacks so I have to go to a friends house everytime.

yea but you can lift your front end with stock uca's right?

Yes, but if the stock UCAs are the same size per your measurements, then you will have the same camber problem when trying to lift it with the stock arms.

haha It really does look retarded, and mark owns me so he does indeed own a nissan.

I'm gonna go flex the SRT I'll post some pics. Crank those coilovers right up.

Seriously though i'm calling ty over right now cause now this is making me mad. I jsut read the whole thread.

good luck... I mean its gotta be the UCA's, he shoulda bought an car50 :P

Fixed that for ya.

Mark, you don't own a Pathfinder, and you're on here making dumb remarks? I wouldn't be too surprised if you get deleted soon.

Edited by Kingman