cheap lift

wrightfox

I think most of the guys here would suggest coils from a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the V8...They would add decent lift and just crank up the torsion bars in the front and you're good to go. Just watch the front Ball Joints due to the change in angle on the front upper control arms if you crank the torsion bars up too much. Correct me if I'm wrong guys :stickwack:

I think most of the guys here would suggest coils from a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the V8...They would add decent lift and just crank up the torsion bars in the front and you're good to go. Just watch the front Ball Joints due to the change in angle on the front upper control arms if you crank the torsion bars up too much. Correct me if I'm wrong guys :stickwack:

Except the R50 is a unibody and doesn't have torsion bars. JGC coils will not work.

I've been told Ford F350 Super Duty coils are a possibility, though. :scratchhead:

Oh...I didn't know he was talking about an R50...

Well...this thread IS in the R50 Section... :blink:

its ok, I make the same mistake, I read the topic and not always the section its in.

okay so i know i cant do the torsion, and know i cant do the body lift because of the unibody but are you guys saying that i cant do a coils spacers either? im lost here, i just want two inches to get my tires to stop rubbing on the inside. i have spacers on them but dotn feel safe with them, after having them two weeks i had to retighten them. not fun!!

okay so i know i cant do the torsion, and know i cant do the body lift because of the unibody but are you guys saying that i cant do a coils spacers either? im lost here, i just want two inches to get my tires to stop rubbing on the inside. i have spacers on them but dotn feel safe with them, after having them two weeks i had to retighten them. not fun!!

You can do suspension lift and spacers for sure. Those two should culiminate in a 3" lift compared to stock. Keep in mind the strain on your CV axles will be horrendous; invest in some manual locking hubs. :aok:

Torsion bars don't exist on the the R50; a subframe drop is possible though. It's basically a body lift for a unibody... :lol:

If you don't want to pay for a full lift you could just add coil spacers, do a forum search there are a few threads on them.

The only coil spacers I've seen here are 1" or less and used as a leveling kit. R50 suspension lift kits only raise the front about 2" so some people use coil spacers in conjunction with the new springs.

I haven't seen anyone using coil spacers in the rear. Most front coil spacers I've seen seem to go for around $100/pair, and a lot of them are custom made (i.e. not production).

Anyway coil spacers as a levelling kit is about the cheapest way to get any sort of lift. Not exactly an economical rig to modify.