Looking for a pathfinder...

pathfinder93x

Hey guys I have been looking for awhile now for a new truck.... I got into a bad fender bender leaving my truck drivable but in some sad conditions.... Due to the rust in the frame and body I have decided to look for one in much better condition. I currently live in Montreal but would be willing to drive up to 6 hours to find a truck of choice... preferably something close but a nice truck is a nice truck.

I am currently looking for something between the years of 1990-1995. At the moment I have an automatic, chrome trimmed, leather interior but I have also owned a manual with cloth seats... so preferences... as long as its clean and in good shape. I currently have a bilstein 3 inch lift and headers with new exhaust to place on the new truck.

Much appreciation in advance to those with suggestions

Oh ya I would drive to the US for one aswell.

Hey man. I too was on the hunt for about 6-8 months for another Pathfinder as well. Since I live in Canada as well, you know yourself just how bad these frames can get up here. I was fairly picky with my selection so it took me a while. But I ended up buying one in Florida cause the Frame was solid, miles were low, and was in the color I wanted. I picked up mine for 2200 USD, and all told, after exchange, installing the daytime running lights, getting the safety, Emissions testing, legally exporting/importing it cost me about 3500-3800 CAN. The flight there was cheap too. So keep that in mind if when your looking.

Nothing worse then having a great running vehicle on a Frame that's about to fall apart. All I can tell you is look for a solid frame if you want it to last thru the years.

What I used was, Ebay, Craigslist, kajiji, autotrader.com, and autotrader.ca. All are good resources and if you check often enough you know whats hot off the press and whats been around for a while that way you can adjust your offer.

Good luck. and if your going to import it, then send me a PM. I can help you thru the importing process. It may seem baffling but its really pretty easy once you do it, so I can guide you thru the steps.

Dowser

check seattle craigs list. I think a saw a 4dr wd21 in mint condition for like $5.6k or something like that yesterday.

black vg30 auto no rust!

Yea, I saw that one too and it only had about 130k mi on it. I posted a link to it on here last night.... but its gone now ( my link on this forum) I think somebody didn't like how i posted it or something..

Seattle often has prime rust free ones on Craigslist.. :my2cents:

Hey guys, thanks for all the help and suggestions. I would love to get my hands on a black pathfinder, manual if possible (but i dont mind auto), Crome package, leather interior, power options would be nice but i can always remove them from my current truck. I am not to fussy about it just something close to montreal with very little rust would make all the difference as I have a new carpet, leather seats and all the power options in my current truck so I would not mind doing some work. Like most on this forum my pathfinder is my baby and my biggest hobby!

Thanks again

What do you guys think of this one... its from the west coast... and he said the frame is mint only rust happened this winter when he brought it here and its on the right fender... garage said for 100$ they would touch up the little bubbles...

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-SU...QAdIdZ108275611

Let me know.... and mayb some tips on what to look for

He changed it at 198 000km, frame is mint and as for back seat rust you mean when you lift them up to make them flat to check under there? or you mean in the corners under the carpet where the rockers, the floor and the wheel well meets?

as for back seat rust you mean when you lift them up to make them flat to check under there? or you mean in the corners under the carpet where the rockers, the floor and the wheel well meets?

Yes... :D I meant under the back seat, but peek under the carpets if you can. Ok, carfax and test drive... ;)

B

Well I just got back from looking at it. Very nice rig. Probably the best frame you'll find around here. I took it for a drive and the clutch felt really good. 4wd works, had to use it to get out of the guy's icy driveway. All the power options work, and the adjustable shocks work too! The timing belt has been changed (pretty sure it was done at a dealer by the looks of things) and it's been undercoated it seems.

The only problems I noticed were that it had the problem where the hatch would make the interior lights come on when you hit bumps, it needs new wiper blades, there are a couple little holes in the drivers seat, and the front brakes were a little screechy for the first couple minutes of the test drive.

The suspension and steering were tight, and the clutch didn't slip and it shifted very smooth. Cruise control also works. Also there are NO exhaust leaks, even the manifolds. There is like no body rust except for the passenger front fender, the guy said he had it inspected and it passed. Frig if I didn't already have 3 trucks I'd buy this one!

Well I just got back from looking at it. Very nice rig. Probably the best frame you'll find around here. I took it for a drive and the clutch felt really good. 4wd works, had to use it to get out of the guy's icy driveway. All the power options work, and the adjustable shocks work too! The timing belt has been changed (pretty sure it was done at a dealer by the looks of things) and it's been undercoated it seems.

The only problems I noticed were that it had the problem where the hatch would make the interior lights come on when you hit bumps, it needs new wiper blades, there are a couple little holes in the drivers seat, and the front brakes were a little screechy for the first couple minutes of the test drive.

The suspension and steering were tight, and the clutch didn't slip and it shifted very smooth. Cruise control also works. Also there are NO exhaust leaks, even the manifolds. There is like no body rust except for the passenger front fender, the guy said he had it inspected and it passed. Frig if I didn't already have 3 trucks I'd buy this one!

Hey Adam very appreciated.... im jealous you drove it before me hehe. Ya that latch issue seems to be common... 3 pathfinders now ive had and they all have the same issue. Its a sensor inside...Last time i believe i fixed it by cleaning dirt off the lock mechanism and I placed some lubricant. If anyone knows a better way let me know.

As for the frame did you see any rust?

I got new rotors and pads and calipers on my 93 about... 2 months old.

Where you able to take any pictures while you were there?

let me know and thanks again