newbie checking in

dlstoltz

I recently picked up a 91 Pathfinder SE, fully loaded (as far as I can tell) with new BFGoodies, a dysfunctional transmission, minimal frame rust, worn brakes, and a touch of rust by the rear doors. Overall the truck is in great shape. Right now it is on jackstands in the garage getting ready for a new transmission. Here are some pictures...

2279078450103170214KaXXdP_th.jpg

2860741980103170214MLkiFE_th.jpg

Once the trans is replaced I plan to cleanse the machine of rust and respray the underbody, fix the rust by the doors (if I can figure out where to get such ugly touch up paint?), and get a bumper guard... Any suggestions where to find a good looking cheap brush guard, touch up paint, or cheap rotors/pads are welcome.

Thanks!

Dustin

Brush Guards check craigslist!

multipule times daily.

Fixed that for ya

As for touch up paint, you could always go to your local parts store and get a can of that Car Color crap that won't match, or schults it. and welcome!!!

When i had a pathy that same color i put a few layers of bedliner around the bottom half of the truck to make sure the rust stays away and keep it protected. It went from the bottom of the truck to the first bend in the side

img029.jpg

img034.jpg

if I can figure out where to get such ugly touch up paint?

LOL While it is not my favorite, the color hides scratches and blemishes well, doesn't show dirt and stays cooler in the sun. That's the color of my 2nd pathy and it has grown on me for it's qualities, including non police eye catching... :shrug:

To each their own. ;)

B

Thanks for the welcome guys.

The new, well old but functional (I hope), tranny is bolted up... just need to put the rest of everything back in and install the trans cooler. The guy I bought the truck from had already purchased a small SUV sized cooler so that's what's going in.

Once that job is done I just need to fix some headlight wiring issue and clean up the rust. I did discover some through-the-body holes under the rear seat that need fixed though :-(

Right low beam doesn't work, left high beam doesn't work. The guy did give a new switch with the truck but it looks like someone did a home wiring job at the headlight so I kind of assumed that was the issue. Are these typical symptoms of the switch being bad?

Maybe I will try putting that switch in before messing with the wiring then. The color is slowly growing on me, my last one (an 89 2 door XE) was black but I got a good deal on this so I couldn't pass it up.

BTW I had to purchase some DIY stuff for the tranny job, so if anyone needs any info just shoot me an email.