And another one bites the dust

Kittamaru

just a thought... but talk your fiancee into the ole JOP wedding and small family get together reception. Then for your 1-year anniversary plan the lil wedding chapel ceremony deal with re-newed vows! Very Romantic!! And it gives you time to get back on your feet!

*nods*

And yeah... guess what my current degree (one semester from graduation) is... - Business Studies... with a focus in Computer Information Systems...

GO ******* figure... even after I get my degree... I'll be lucky to be flipping burgers.

Ugh.

Maybe I'll just go back and re-degree into Theoretical Sciences... if I find the cure for down syndrome or something like that maybe THEN I can make a decent life...

[/rant]

(sorry if I sound pissed... but I'm kind of frustrated to say the least)

Well, the 3rd round of lay offs in a year or so was yesterday. Another 8 or 9 people got the axe. We have gone from about 80 employees down to 25 or less. The rest of us are working 'short' weeks which are about to be cut shorter. Hell, I almost wish I they would lay me off so I could soak up some unemployment and work on some of my projects...

B

i lost my job last february in steel manufacturing, and apparently there is no end to lay offs in sight.

i just heard today the mill i was at just had another wave of layoffs.

i suspect there won't be any manufacturing type jobs here anytime soon.

so much for the pathfinder lift... :(

peace

al

I hear you Al. Not only are the jobs disappearing faster than they have been in the last decade, I am holding off on purchasing parts for the planned 'spring renovation' of the Pathy. Suspension lift, headers/exhaust, rims/tires, etc...

I'll be ok, as most of us will, but the effect on our projects is irritating, to say the least!!

B

I don't know if "we'll be okay" is an acceptable term... our country is falling into poverty while other nations are industrializing... something's wrong, and I think we can all see what it is.

Can I come too? :D

I'd recommend coming to Canada but avoid the middle of it... The weather's hell on earth for half the year. :lol:

Sure can Mate , I live on an acre so plenty of room down the back for a tent . With Stockton beach 10mins away for a 4by .

But as this Thread is about job lost , 10 sub-contractors got the sack yesterday while thats not good there is still 1200 who work their . Start my permanent job their on the 9th of march , so hopefully were not too affected down here .

• 4 weeks later...

WOOT!

Got a job today - pays 40% more than my previous one :D

It's with a company that's been doing very well... opened a new office in Harrisburg and need managers, so they're hiring people into pre-management positions to train for Managers :D

16.36 an hour :D WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!! I'm so excited to start!

Come to OZ B .

That would be quite possible. I've investigated immigration procedures a few years ago...

B

Can I come too? :D

I'd recommend coming to Canada but avoid the middle of it... The weather's hell on earth for half the year. :lol:

I have an idea, we here at NPORA should all pool funds and acquire an island, I can see a new nation being born, the Isle of 'Finders

WOOT!

Got a job today - pays 40% more than my previous one :D

It's with a company that's been doing very well... opened a new office in Harrisburg and need managers, so they're hiring people into pre-management positions to train for Managers :D

16.36 an hour :D WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!! I'm so excited to start!

Congrats buddy, work hard and you'll do well.