s-h-a-k-i-n-g-!

beastpath

Had a little time to kill before I went to work today so drove off on a dirt rode behind my hotel and went to see if there was anything interesting. Ended up finding a couple of huge mud puddles which were kinda fun to mess around with, but thats about it.

The drive on the dirt road was horrendous though. I know my suspension is only 75% done(need new front shocks and lower ball joints installed, and an alignment), and granted the dirt roads in AZ are hard and rocky, but even so I was shocked at the amount of shaking going on in my truck!! Was going about 30.

Is there any way to tighten down everything? for example maybe put some sort of insulation/padding in the doors so the arm-rest/cover doesnt rattle so much?

Or is this just a 1st/2nd gen pathfinder trait with the only solution being to go slower?

My driver's side door goes bang bang bang when I hit bumps on roads like that hard enough. I know the door pints get old and so the door rattles and moves a bit over harsh terrain, which is probably where most of your noise is coming from.

Just go around tightening all the screws you can find on the interior, I did that with mine when I first got it and quite a few parts shut up.

I know I was rather surprised how quivery and bumpy mine was off road or rough roads. I think it's just the design. Shocks and various other little suspension tweaks will help, but it's still an '80s design.