Fuel tank size?

BobLoblaw

I know, i always screw my cap on a few clicks. It may have triggered some other sensor, not sure which one it could have been. Plus it went off when I filled up. ???

I haven't been that low since then so I don't know if it was a fluke or what.

according to google:

21 US gallons = 79.4936475 liters

21 Imperial gallons = 95.4679295 liters

I'm pretty sure everyone is speaking in US gallons.

Maybe having such a low tank triggered a sensor. I know if you don't screw the gas cap on all the way it will come on.

sorry not all of us use US gallons everyday and even with that 21 US GALLONS is to much for them

Edited by burton8it

I have a 91, I have put 20.5 gallons in my tank once when I ran it really low, my gas light was on for about 40 miles. So i am pretty sure it was really empty. I was doing this as a test to see how far below the empty line I could go. I was well below the empty line when the gas light came on. I was also carrying a gas can for when I ran out of gas. It never did sputter and die from running out of gas but I had to take a long drive so decided to fill it at that point. side note 20.5 gallons is 77.6 liters. So i know they are more then a 70 liter tank.

I should have also noted on above post I have to be well under the E line before my gas light comes on and I get as much mileage after I have passed the E line as i do from toped off to 3/4 tank. Maybe mine has a different tank put on from previous owner.

makes me wonder how some seem able to put in more then others.

Less dents in the tank :lol:

88, 91 and 93 all have low fuel lights. I'm sure I've seen a Diesel Terrano with a side tank, I mean it sit between the frame and drive shaft. I need to snap a pic of one so y'all don't think I'm nuts......More so :D

My 92 has a light, it even works, but the gas gauge doesn't. The gauge will say full when it is full, but will go to about 1/4 after 30 or 40 miles then back to 3/4, back down, then back up. It will be on low when it is low. I usually fill up between 200 and 250 mi., so I have only seen the light on once. Mine is right in the middle of the gauge cluster above the fuel gauge