Smells like gas!

mhay

I have a 93 se 4x4 and on cold starts there is a super strong smell of fuel in the cabin and outside of the vehicle. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks in advance. Matt.

There are 2 main places our trucks will leak gas (at least commonly). The first is the little hose that connects the 2 fuel rails at the front of the engine, in the cold things seam to shrink up :unsure: ....and the hose becomes loose, usually just tightening the clamps will fix it if that is the leak. The second place is around the fuel sending unit, there is an O ring around where the sender goes into the tank that can fail and cause fuel to leak when the tank is full and fumes to come out otherwise.

Since yours is only on cold starts check the hose on the engine.

I found a gas leak on my '93. the previous owner changed the gas lines except for one spot that was hard to get to, lazy F*#^ers. it was about under passenger side door, there is a crossmember that it goes over.

Thanks fellas! i tightened down the two clamps on that rubber hose and it stopped the leaking and the smell.

Hm... I have this same issue... can I get a piccy of the line? I'll have to check this out :D