Bumper plans

ILoveMyPatty

I'm looking for some blueprints/auto CAD drawings or something for a front bumper. I've got a buddy that will build me one, but he needs detailed plans, since he wont have my Pathy to "mock up" with. Does anyone have some plans? I still don't know how to use the search function, sorry.

Thanks.

I still don't know how to use the search function, sorry.

Thanks.

OMG Have a look near the lower left of the screen, there is a box that says "Enter Keywords" and a Search Topic button next to it.

Try that!

Edited by kiwipete

ive got some somewhere from solidworks that i drew up for a project. i can give you. i dont have the mounts on there because those were fabbed as i went but my bumper is super simple, has a winch mount and looks clean and provides great tire clearence. and if the welding is good enough you could turn it into a air tank for some on board air

I'm looking for some blueprints/auto CAD drawings or something for a front bumper. I've got a buddy that will build me one, but he needs detailed plans, since he wont have my Pathy to "mock up" with. Does anyone have some plans? I still don't know how to use the search function, sorry.

Thanks.

anybody with skillz enough to fab a bumper should be able to make one to fit your rig without "detailed plans". i have an Autocad drawing of my bumper but its not detailed out, i just made a 3d model of it and printed it out full size to make a template for the top, the rest i laid out w/o the drawing. i can email it to you if you want... you will have to come up with something stronger than the stock mounts, they are worthless. i rear ended a 2 ton flat bed with my bumper and the stock mounts crumbled like foil. i replaced them with 3/8" plate welded to the frame. the bumper attaches to the new mounts with (3) 1/2" bolts on each side. i would recommend (4) on each side or go with grade 8. i sheared the grade 5 bolts off when i hit a burm doing about 20 mph and came to a dead stop.

100_0755xxx.jpg

Thing is, I need measurements and such since he wont be able to use my truck to build from. I need it for school every day, and can't get it to him so he can do some work.

so measure your own truck and give them to him.

Check these out....

Rear Bumper:

CompleteBumperPerspectiveRightRearV.jpg

CompleteBumperPerspectiveRightFront.jpg

Front Bumper:

NissanPathfinderBumpers4.png

NissanPathfinderBumpers5.png

I did these in Google Sketchup. The dimensions are not 100% accurate, but should be close. The rear bumper was built by a local fabricator based on these drawings, although I did have to leave my car for a few days for the initial measurements and mock up, and then I had to drop it off a couple of more times for final fitting and installation. The end result:

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

I will probably be building the front in the next couple of months...PM me and I will mail you the drawing file.

Edited by arcano