Oregonians strika again....

silverlion

OMFG! I though I had seen it all during our December "blizzard". This morning, we had 1-2" of snow on the ground. In my 5 mile commute to work, I saw 4 cars in the ditch, one broken and spewing fire hydrant, 1 head on and 3 spin outs. IN 5 MILES!!! I was born and raised in central Texas. = not a lot of snow where I come from...

These people get snow nearly every year in the valley (Portland area) and cannot drive in it. I am tempted to build an exo cage for my pathy in fear that one of these tards are gonna kill me. Hint= if you are too inept to handle a vehicle in wet/snowy/icy conditions, call in sick and stay your dumb a$% home. I do not want premature death no do I want that for my wife and kids. How hard can it be to slow the ^&(% down. Better yet stay home. I really like the guys in the F-250's lifted 80 inches off the ground and 44 inch tires who think they can drive like they are on dry pavement. <<<<I LMAO at you guys when I drive by in my lil pathy in 2 wheel drive and see you and you monstrocity in the ditch.

<end rant>

Is that the case in Wash.? Maybe I need to move there...

It's just as bad in Washington as well. Especially in the rain. Its RAIN and WASHINGTON. Still, people drive 40mph on the freeway.

Today I saw a few rich kids sliding around corners, and speeding like hell in their big badass BRAND NEW lifted trucks thinking they're all cool and trying to show off.

don't feel bad - Arkansas is full of them too. We are in the middle of an ice storm (55k no power, 2" rain and 23 degrees tonight - gonna be icy in the morning) at least most of these people stay off of the road. we have more than our share of penis extensions driving around and they are a constant source of amusement. I usually wave when I go by (in 2wd with bald tires). like they say - "it's not the equipment - it's the skill!" Good luck on your drive in the AM Silverlion :)

The weathertard says it should just be wet in the morning. But like kingman said, they drive poorly in the rain as well. Hell, when it's dry, they drive like there's a downpour. They even have the stupid stoplights on the onramps to the freeway. ODOT's claim is that it helps with the flow and merging of traffic. Dummest thing...well almost....I have ever seen. How is stopping gonna help you get up to speed in order to merge. The paranoid people on the freeways will let you in either way. I just don't see the point of stopping so you have to run the crap out of your rig to merge at freeway speed. They would laugh ODOT out of just about any other state. Then again, there are many things the state does and makes law that is both unneeded and laughable. I just get told if I don't like it here, move. I love this place, just not most of the sheeple. Beauty apparantly attracts the "challenged". DEE DUH DEE! :crazy:

The weathertard says it should just be wet in the morning. But like kingman said, they drive poorly in the rain as well. Hell, when it's dry, they drive like there's a downpour. They even have the stupid stoplights on the onramps to the freeway. ODOT's claim is that it helps with the flow and merging of traffic. Dummest thing...well almost....I have ever seen. How is stopping gonna help you get up to speed in order to merge. The paranoid people on the freeways will let you in either way. I just don't see the point of stopping so you have to run the crap out of your rig to merge at freeway speed. They would laugh ODOT out of just about any other state. Then again, there are many things the state does and makes law that is both unneeded and laughable. I just get told if I don't like it here, move. I love this place, just not most of the sheeple. Beauty apparantly attracts the "challenged". DEE DUH DEE! :crazy:

hahaha, the one for the delta park on ramp at the I5 bridge is the worst!

Every time there is a bit of snow here, we are told to stay at home or find alternate means of transportation. I brave these "big storms" that only bring like 15 cm of snow with my pathy in 2wd and hwy all season tires. I ALWAYS see lifted jeeps in the ditch...

I have lived in Oregon most of my life, lived in Washington and California for a while each 2. I also have no problems driving in snow, dry, wet, flooding, but everywhere i have lived I have seen people that can not drive in these conditions, I do not think it is only oregon though I think there are Bad drivers where ever you go, now on the other hand seance I have moved to the portland metro area I have noticed the good driver to dumb azz ratio is a little more skewered to the dumb azz side of things. But the Portland metro area is one of the most common places for out of state people to move to when they come to Oregon so you have a good mix of people who have learned to drive in different climates and by different traffic laws. But I don't understand how they don't learn to drive in new environments. Also if you look at the license plates you will noticed about 1/4 of the cars on the road burring peak traffic hours are Washington plates. not saying Washington drivers are worse just stating the more different driving styles you mix together the more rotten drivers you will find.

Down in Texas I worked fire and rescue. Our biggest issue was the rains and flooding. They would try do cross a low water crossing when the flood gage was no longer visible. They go to 5 ft..... Most of them were locals that grew up driving those roads. Maybe they were just from the shallow end of their perspective gene pools. Then you had the tourists seeking the wineries, most of which were past a few water crossings. We got a lot of flash flooding in the hill country. When they went to the wineries, the roads were fine, 2 hours later....6ft of water. I guess there is poor judgement everywhere, but ice and smow....c'mon. I can't believe people are that duh huh.

Hey! IN the retarded drivers defense, Its hard to drink my Starbucks, fiddle with my cell phone, listen to the crappy moring talk show, and eat! You put driving on top of that, and hey, somethings got to give!!

We have them here in WA too. Yesterday I almost got hit by a guy in a Ford Ranger going too fast. I was merging onto I-5 and the bridge I was going over was very slick. He decided he wanted to go faster than everyone and spun out rught behind me, just missing my bumper. Interesting part was that he almost slammed through the temporary Jersey barriers that are put up on the side of the bridge. Just after that, there were 3 Suv's spun out on the side of the road! Good Times!!!! Dynomite!!!!

i thought this was an event mainly in the places that get little snow, but when i lived to ottawa i realized it must be city folk that that are the problem. there are too many ppl on cell phones, but the biggest issues i noticed were the lack of skill (knowing what to do when your car slides), slowing down for the weather, and not having winter tires. Winter tires are over looked the most i think. Just because you have an F-350 or an all-wheel drive car doesnt mean it will take on everything the road will throw at you. all-season tires are garbage when it gets below freezing. I remember hearing a woman say she was gonna keep her kids home from school because of possible freezing rain... i couldnt help but laugh. I might live in the middle of nowhere but i can tell you the amount of ppl i see in the ditch is minimal.

i thought this was an event mainly in the places that get little snow, but when i lived to ottawa i realized it must be city folk that that are the problem. there are too many ppl on cell phones, but the biggest issues i noticed were the lack of skill (knowing what to do when your car slides), slowing down for the weather, and not having winter tires. Winter tires are over looked the most i think. Just because you have an F-350 or an all-wheel drive car doesnt mean it will take on everything the road will throw at you. all-season tires are garbage when it gets below freezing. I remember hearing a woman say she was gonna keep her kids home from school because of possible freezing rain... i couldnt help but laugh. I might live in the middle of nowhere but i can tell you the amount of ppl i see in the ditch is minimal.

Ottawa drivers are the worst. They still cut you off even if the road is glare ice. Today, I was driving a buddy home from school and we were on bronson ave, and some idiot decides to turn out of a mcdonalds, cross my side of the road and go into the other side. He stopped dead in front of me. I didn't even touch the brakes. My friend said "woah adam you better slow down". I knew he would move, I taught that ass a lesson.

Ottawa drivers are the worst. They still cut you off even if the road is glare ice. Today, I was driving a buddy home from school and we were on bronson ave, and some idiot decides to turn out of a mcdonalds, cross my side of the road and go into the other side. He stopped dead in front of me. I didn't even touch the brakes. My friend said "woah adam you better slow down". I knew he would move, I taught that ass a lesson.

haha ya they are truely terrible. they wont even let a ambulance or fire truck get past in an emergency. i always thought, what if it were their house on fire... i used to live on baseline and it was like war trying to cross the road. just hope you make it back. lol

There is always some ridicoulous and stupid accident at the baseline-woodroffe intersection. They actually had to put a sign up saying "high collision area". P...

I was on king edward in grid lock traffic once, and the firetrucks needed to get down there, everyone tried to scatter, i had to put the pathy up on the sidewalk!