my new bike

FUELER

I'm with Alex on this one, B. You'd probably like a hardtail but I'd say look for a fork with selectable lockout if you don't want any mushiness at all on the street.

If you plan on sticking with Trek, the options are limitless and depend greatly on your budget. :aok:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally don't like most mainstream trek bikes. they are on the heavier side, and are a bit ugly imo. to recommend a bike we need to know your budget. but if you mostly ride on the street, a hardtail would be your best bet. but if you have more money to spend, you can get a full suspension bike with an adjustable rear shock, or selectable lockout.

at the very least you should at least get front suspension.

I don't mind a little more weight, the bike is for recreation, not comp. Besides, when you are used to a 500+ lb motorcycle, a 25 lb bike seems like cobwebs! :D

I don't want to spend more than $800 (saving for a house and the Pathy needs more mods) so I don't know if I can get any quality full suspension in that price range. The lock out option makes sense though, I didn't consider that.

I'm with Alex on this one, B. You'd probably like a hardtail but I'd say look for a fork with selectable lockout if you don't want any mushiness at all on the street.

If you plan on sticking with Trek, the options are limitless and depend greatly on your budget.

I've generally heard good things about the durability of Trek bikes, not saying others arent as durable, I just don't know the current market. :shrug:

B

...who cheated? :scratchhead:

Feulers woman... Even worse, his CV's are going... keep up will you??

OK, on topic again, here's my sweet ride:

Big_Wheel_Pic-DRV2-PCZ.jpg

(I wish!)