Swaping Dashes

FarNorCalPATHY

So..first of i want to say YES!!! i used the searched and found a few pics and what not. But i was look at how much cleaner the 93-95 dashes look and the center consle looks.. so im asking has anyone swaped out a 93-95 dash and center consle into a 90...How much work is it really? If you guys and gals have any insite on this i would like to know thanks..

ohh theres a good bit of work...i'm still in the process of completing it..2 years and some change later... I chose the simple most direct route and didnt have all the pieces to the puzzle...I have those pieces and will be completing this ASAP...search 4x4parts in the engine swap thread for my post and then you can check the for sale section here b/c once i do complete this swap with my 95 I will have 90-95 % of the parts for someone else to complete it although the dash is a little rough...

THe dash alone may be easier but I wanted the MPFI and gauges and to be unique...and 87 with the 95 goodies...but ive just had some bad luck with it all but I will get there...the next thought for me was like a 2000's fronty with the SC and its dash b/c most of the measurements are close enough bot the 87-93 box dash is pretty much a direct swap to the 94-95 round dash

Teaser:

DSCN2983.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

ohh theres a good bit of work...i'm still in the process of completing it..2 years and some change later... I chose the simple most direct route and didnt have all the pieces to the puzzle...I have those pieces and will be completing this ASAP...search 4x4parts in the engine swap thread for my post and then you can check the for sale section here b/c once i do complete this swap with my 95 I will have 90-95 % of the parts for someone else to complete it although the dash is a little rough...

THe dash alone may be easier but I wanted the MPFI and gauges and to be unique...and 87 with the 95 goodies...but ive just had some bad luck with it all but I will get there...the next thought for me was like a 2000's fronty with the SC and its dash b/c most of the measurements are close enough bot the 87-93 box dash is pretty much a direct swap to the 94-95 round dash

Teaser:

DSCN2983.jpg

Let me know when you sell the parts ...no need to post them i will take them..where at in cali is Cal CIty?

Let me know when you sell the parts ...no need to post them i will take them..where at in cali is Cal CIty?

uhmm its about 2 hours north of LA (up 5/14) and an hour north of lancaster/palmdale on 14

Here was the thread I started some time ago...I can grab some pictures of the dash and I should be pulling the engine this weekend in preparation for my 4th engine swap

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...t=0#entry351191

Edited by unccpathfinder

uhmm its about 2 hours north of LA (up 5/14) and an hour north of lancaster/palmdale on 14

Here was the thread I started some time ago...I can grab some pictures of the dash and I should be pulling the engine this weekend in preparation for my 4th engine swap

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...t=0#entry351191

Ok i kinda know where that is im up here in Redding. But any who..I have MPIF already...i just need to find the dash out of a 93-95..so if i have MPFI already i m think and hoping this would be little easier.

Ok i kinda know where that is im up here in Redding. But any who..I have MPIF already...i just need to find the dash out of a 93-95..so if i have MPFI already i m think and hoping this would be little easier.

A little, but the 94/95 have a full electronic cluster that you'll need to either convert your senders to mate with, or chop up and rebuild to use your old analog gauge parts.

A little, but the 94/95 have a full electronic cluster that you'll need to either convert your senders to mate with, or chop up and rebuild to use your old analog gauge parts.

HMM .....Ok Im done wanting to do that know...i have other things i need todo first...Like BL and SL..and bumpers and sliders and tune ups and changing the timing belt.... :unsure:

Yep...thats what i found out when I got to doing it...and i found out that the ECU won't work correctly without speed sensors and a bunch of other crap...i tried hacking up the old gages to get them to work and it was really close but i needed to extend the speedo cable about 4"s and then found out the ECU problem...

If you want just the dash we could probably work something out for it b/c its hacked up pretty good for the mechanical speedo if you can figure out how to get the speedo cable to work