Battery size an issue?

Typhus

Cant believe how much trouble I have encountered trying to find a battery for my 04 pathy.

Went to 4 different locations yesterday only to be told that because of the reverse posts, and size, nobody had the correct battery for this vehicle.

I just cant understand this, it a head shaker for something you would think to be rather common place.

Has anyone encountered this same issue, and do I really have to go to the dealer and pay 350 bucks for them to install a factory battery?

Just cant believe this.

Nope.

Optima Yellow Top fits just fine. 34/78 model I believe.

Also the Orbital Extreme fits fine as well.

Pezzy's had both in her 99.5 R50 with no problems.

Nope.

Optima Yellow Top fits just fine. 34/78 model I believe.

Also the Orbital Extreme fits fine as well.

Pezzy's had both in her 99.5 R50 with no problems.

Thanks Simon for the quick reply.

I was considering going with the optima, just kind of on the expensive side, thought they ran about 175, not sure, but might have to pay the extra to get the right battery.

If you're going to add lights, a big stereo, and/or a winch, a yellow top or Orbital battery will serve you well. Not to mention, they're more shock resistant being dry cell, for off road excursions.

Just a headups here... if I'm not mistaken, pezzy has the 99.5 with 3.3. typhus has the 3.5.... the underhood arrangement must be different no ?

Fair question, that I do not know.

I went to the Salvo up the road, and got one right off the shelf for an 01 (which should be the same for the 04). It's not a crazy size, not sure why places would be having problems having one in stock.

Just a headups here... if I'm not mistaken, pezzy has the 99.5 with 3.3. typhus has the 3.5.... the underhood arrangement must be different no ?

The hood arangement is slightly different but i am confident the battery is in the exact same spot. Also if you dont wanna pay for the yellow top im pretty sure you can just go for the red top optima.

Cant believe how much trouble I have encountered trying to find a battery for my 04 pathy.

Went to 4 different locations yesterday only to be told that because of the reverse posts, and size, nobody had the correct battery for this vehicle.

I just cant understand this, it a head shaker for something you would think to be rather common place.

Has anyone encountered this same issue, and do I really have to go to the dealer and pay 350 bucks for them to install a factory battery?

Just cant believe this.

That's probably the same parts guy who suggested that I upgrade the radiator on my old 1968 Beetle.

I'm guessing you went to 4 different locations of the same chain? Try a different chain!

uh they shouldnt be reverse post. The battery is in the exact same spot on both my r50s, 97 Q and my 02 pathy. Same size battery too. well was. The neg should be on the left side and the pos should be on the right if you're looking front to back.

Yes, thats correct. When standing in front looking at the battery, the neg is on the left and pos on the right.

Why would the parts guy call this a reverse post battery, unless he was looking at it backwards, since the battery was out of the vehicle when I took it in.

Never thought that the guy might have just been an idiot, Ive done buisness with him before, he has been around for a long time, and I just trusted he knew waht he was talking about.

So if your neg is left side, and pos is right side, than that is a "normal terminal" not reverse, right?

Knowing that will save alot of headaches, since nobody seems to have this battery.

Edited by Typhus