Stock radio

silver97ex

Hey guys/girls. I was wondering if the stock head unit (95 SE) is supposed to light up. The screen does so I know what station I am on but NONE of the buttons do, I have gotten used to where they are by now but it is still a pita. Just wondering if it is even supposed to be lit.

Also, were heated mirrors ever an option on the wd21?

Thanks.

Edited by silver97ex

Hey guys/girls. I was wondering if the stock head unit (95 SE) is supposed to light up. The screen does so I know what station I am on but NONE of the buttons do, I have gotten used to where they are by now but it is still a pita. Just wondering if it is even supposed to be lit.

Also, were heated mirrors ever an option on the wd21?

Thanks.

Yes and Yes. Check the junkyards, they'd probably give you the radio....But probably not the mirrors. Do you have power mirrors?

I was fortunate enough to find a stock 93-95 wd21 radio at a salvation army!

Is there a way to change the bulb out? And yes I do have power mirrors, just not heated.

I really don't know, but you can always take it apart and look. Good thing being is that you can probably get a replacement for cheap if you want, or even better, upgrade to a nice cd/mp3 disk player!

I always thought on these trucks if you had the power mirrors, you had the heated mirrors. Guess not. All 3 of our pathys do :shrug:

My mirrors are off a 93-95 I think, could possibly be heated, they have 2 plugs on them compared to the 1 plug I have in the door. The one that is there works the power perfectly, never really cared to find out what the other plug on the mirrors was for though, so it is a possibility they are heated.

B would you consider selling a drivers side power heated mirror? When I bought the truck it was on by a bolt then the bolt snapped so I had to re bolt it, but she's getting loose again! It doesn't fold in anymore...so when people walk buy they just further crack the casing.

Edited by redfinder

• 3 weeks later...

i would show you mine but its a botch stuffing all my new wiring harness in the little hole behind my new cd player lol. I know it lights up though. All the buttons do i beleive it lights up white. Ill see you mine if u want it ill never use it again.