LED Lights

97pathfinder4x4

88 made his several years ago when they weren't that common or availbe, but there are some now for cheap. Or you can solder some up for a few $ if you're handy. I put some in along the bottom of my dash several years ago from an unrelated kit for like $10.

The Pathfinder uses a #3175 bulb for it's dome light. There are LED replacements all over the net. Some are simple, some are complex. It depends how much output you're looking for.

Search for "3175 LED"

lbt10fe36-6w.jpg

Can you just replace the bulb or is there any special wiring you have 2 do

The one pictured just plugs in as a replacement bulb. There are several styles and colors out there; some w/ just one LED, others with up to 9.

You can get a larger Universal board with more LEDs (like edicer is talking about), but that needs to be wired.

I've also seen larger boards pre-wired to bulb adapters that just plug into the dome light like a regular replacement... What you do with the board after that, I dunno.

I would imagine that it takes a little finesse to get a square circuit board to fit behind the dome lens. :crossedwires:

Again, your best bet is going to be to search the webs. You'll find them on Ebay all day long.

Has anybody tried those LED replacement bulbs for tail lights and such? I've been wondering if they're any brighter than the regular bulbs, as I'd like the tails to be brighter. I've seen them with something like 8 or 10 LED on a bulb base.

This is from the other thread. I saw those bulbs in princess auto, they looked interesting and are on sale this week, I will stop in and grab some!

you dont need to wire the circut board ones they are already wired to the bulb sized ones and are just plug and play. only problem is they are normally pretty big and probably wont fit in your dome light. i was lucky my 300zx has a fairly large dome light. I do have a green dome light that might work in pathys i can get a picture and post it up if anyone is interested.