Instrument Cluster

Hey, im new here. My uncle gave me his pathfinder, and, well there are some problems. first of all, when i have the ignition turn to "on" the speedo starts to clime very slowly to about 10-15 mph then it stops. even when the car is moving it does not change. i also installed a new speed sensor but that did not help. the speedo only goes to 0 when the car is off. second, the tachometer does not work properly. it works fine when the car idles, but when you rev it at all, its jumps down to 0-200 rpm and wiggles up and down. Any way i can test the instrument cluster or speedo? could anyone give me the diagram for the instrument cluster? any help at all is appreciated :puterpunch:

Edited by goldeneye123454321

I was having problems with my tach also on my 95. The tach is controlled be the ecu so most likely it is the tach head itself. I got a cluster out of a jy and replaced just the tach head. I fixed the problem kinda, it is out of a 4 cylinder and mine is a 6 so the tach doesn't read correctly but at least it isn't jumping all over the place anymore. I would search your local jy for a new cluster.

You can pull the cluster and tighten the brass screws holding the printed circuit board in place. Also a good time to inspect the board for any damage. Most likely, as posted above, time for a new unit..

X2. I drove my first pathy for years without a functioning speedo and bought a second one that the tach was bad on. I combined to two working gauges in the new pathy.

What you will need is the instrument cluster (or just the gauges themselves) out of a 94-95 pathfinder manual or automatic, it does not matter. Check the classifieds here for someone parting out their truck or go to the local junk yard are my recommendations. :shrug:

B

I have a cluster out of a hardbody. Not sure as the year but it is the same cluster as in my 95 Pathy, minus the clock. It has a bad tach cause I took the good one for my car but the speedo should work. Never tested it. PM me if you need it.

I have a 95 and had the same tach problems. I replaced the tach from one i got at a JY and that fixed problem.

But now I can't get the light to work in my clock. And yes I replaced the blub and still does not work, Do guys think it maybe the circuit borad.

Edited by ctpathy

mini me hasn't had a speedo since i got her lol......... i know how fast i am going at any given time tho

and yes, sounds like a replace it all jobber. try to find one here on classifieds or cheaper from a jy