Windshield Banners.

silverlion

I would be down if I didn't already have one on my back window nor a lack of money :)

Good luck with it though.

This could perhaps be used as a method of fundraising for the site? Buy them in bulk locally and then sell them with a dollar or two added that goes towards maintenance of the site or something.

x2

i think that just NPORA w/ Nissan Pathfinder..... under it is all thats needed and i wouldnt go that big

"Part" of the point of this is to advertise the website... so more people come, check us out and hopefully join ;)

Agreed.

Some of it is the members displaying the site, but the other goal is to attract new members. Obviously, this has nothing to do with $. The truth is the more members we have, the more information and experience we have, not to mention leverage when it comes to dealing with aftermarket suppliers. United we stand and all that happy crap. Corny but true...

B

So, I went to the sign shop and looked at the proofs. They looked like SH!T. they were nothing like I explained/ sent. So, back to square one we go. I am going to sit down with them when I have more time and talk them through what we are looking for. Why is the world so full of DEE DUH DEE's?

SOFAKING WEE TODD ED!

I've got access to a vinyl shop (or, my wife does anyway). I just need some high-rez images or a font name.

silverlion, if they're trying to use low resolution images on poor quality equipment, you're stickies are going to look terrible.

The image really needs to be sized at (at least) a 1:1 ratio.... Meaning, if you want a 36" banner, you're going to need a 36" image on your computer. Otherwise, when it tries to stretch the image to fit, the letters will look like they're built out of legos (pixilated). In this case, the bigger the starting image, the better.

One color vinyl should be extremely cheap and easy. If someone wants to send me something, I can get a quote together.

They totaly misunderstood what I wanted. I told them I was looking for cut vinyl letters. They ahowed me printed vinyl. They sent me a file that is a 1:1, but the font sucks, the style is boring. The whole thing looks retarded. Like something you would buy in a kit from walmart and do yourself.

apparantly their main business is printing multiple colors on vinyl. I just didn't expect a GIANT bumper sticker for my windshield. Why would it cost more for cut out lettering? is ink cheaper than a razor? or what ever the machine uses to cut them out...

I've got access to a vinyl shop (or, my wife does anyway). I just need some high-rez images or a font name.

silverlion, if they're trying to use low resolution images on poor quality equipment, you're stickies are going to look terrible.

The image really needs to be sized at (at least) a 1:1 ratio.... Meaning, if you want a 36" banner, you're going to need a 36" image on your computer. Otherwise, when it tries to stretch the image to fit, the letters will look like they're built out of legos (pixilated). In this case, the bigger the starting image, the better.

One color vinyl should be extremely cheap and easy. If someone wants to send me something, I can get a quote together.

Use vector images for the proofs, then you can work in whatever size you want with no loss of quality when you scale them. In fact, I'm not sure why you wouldn't work with vectors when doing large cut vinyl.

apparantly their main business is printing multiple colors on vinyl. I just didn't expect a GIANT bumper sticker for my windshield. Why would it cost more for cut out lettering? is ink cheaper than a razor? or what ever the machine uses to cut them out...

solid is cool with me if you can make it like 6"-8" tall so it can be trimmed to fit the windshield see my homemade one below:

20500780014_large.jpg

I think this was 6" one and I think the 8 would be better b/c it will let you trim it so that the center is a little taller

I wouldnt say we needed to have an elaborate design like mine had (not that that its all that elaborate) but maybe black on white or something

Edited by unccpathfinder

Why would it cost more for cut out lettering? is ink cheaper than a razor? or what ever the machine uses to cut them out...

Cut should be cheaper than print. That's what I'm saying.

The machine cuts the vinyl. No razors required. You just peel away the part that you don't want to use.

Zibi, I see what you're saying. I'm pretty sure it depends on the program you're using to do the layout.

I don't think you can apply a base jpeg or gif to a vector file can you? Will Adobe do that?

We're talking about a small-time sign shop with basic tools and Photoshop skills. No heavy commercial graphics programmers here.

If you just started from scratch with the specific NPORA font type, you could do what ever you want in any type of format. The design really isn't that difficult to reproduce.

See what you can come up with on your end. These paople around here either want 40 bux each for them or they are like these last tards I tried to deal with.

I have an aunt down in Texas that makes signs and banners. They have a nice facility, but I am not sure about cost of work + shipping to Oregon, then mailing them out to everyone. I just don't want the cost to be so damn high. They are only stickers for pete's sake. The shipping companies are expensive due to fuel costs and such, so I can;t blame them too much...besides what they pay the drivers. Maybe I should go work for UPS. Anywho, I will try to call my aunt and see what she can do for me. I will keep everyone informed.

I would guess diecut costs more than printed, because of the time to weed the stickers after they are cut. Someone has to manually peel all the negative parts of the sticker out. Time is money.

Silverlion, the files I have are vector, I created them in Adobe Illustrator, which, is likely what they need to create the die cut stickers.

I can send you the banner I set up, for you to forward to the shop for pricing. You will just need to tell them what size you want it. I can also make changes to the version I created... PM me and let me know. :)