I NEED YOUR HELP!

Dego

OK, so i was driving and hit a pot hole in my 1993 pathfinder SE and the whole front left corner of the truck dropped the wheel was up to the top of the wheel well. so i took the wheel off, and i see what snapped but when i go to napa (parts store) or anything they have no idea what it is to order it. so i was wondering with these pictures u could tell me?

:thumbsdown:

Thanks Anthony

(hopefully i can find how to read ur replies.. new to this site. as of today

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/To.../Picture002.jpg

Yep. Thats a junk yard or dealer item most likely. Make sure to get bushings for it also. The hole it goes into may be badly rounded out. If so, people tack weld on new bushing cups or bearing races for support.

B

Compression rod, or strut rod (they sometimes call it that)

i have googled that a few times under both names, and it comes up looking like a hole another part then what im looking for any clue as to why? i don't wanna order the part under that name and it be the part, ya know?

Just abouve this in the 'pinned' section is a thread called 'pathfinder service manuals'. Go there, download the FSM, open it and find out what they call it in the exploded view. I'm fairly certain it willbe called 'compression rod or link'. :shrug:

B

Dealer or junkyard is the best place for this item. In my experience at least, most of the parts stores only carried the bushings....

If you go to a junkyard either have them pull it or bring a breaker bar.

Thanks guys, i replaced the hole compression bar, and put on a new one. :itsallgood:

BUUTTTT i lowered the truck back down.. and it sank to the floor again.. so i jacked it back up to see that the shock had went out aswell. :wackinit:

soooo i just got that part aswell so tonight i get to fix that too..

haha thanks for all the help again though.

oh ya.. how do i upload pictures on here of my path? i tried for this post and i tried for my profile pic both saying there ((too large?))

thanks again guys

-Anthony

how do i upload pictures on here of my path?

Get an account (free) like photobucket, upload the photos there, then use the image button (above, 4th from the left) to insert the img address of the photo and you are good to go.

Oh, your shocks are not responsible for holding up the truck. It sounds like 88 may be right, that you have broken a torsion bar (hooks in behind the lower A arm and runs back to the rear of the tranny. If it is not visably snapped, the splines may have stripped or something. Better check it out.

B

Get an account (free) like photobucket, upload the photos there, then use the image button (above, 4th from the left) to insert the img address of the photo and you are good to go.

Oh, your shocks are not responsible for holding up the truck. It sounds like 88 may be right, that you have broken a torsion bar (hooks in behind the lower A arm and runs back to the rear of the tranny. If it is not visably snapped, the splines may have stripped or something. Better check it out.

B

thanks well i replaced the Tension or Compression bar. still went down. then i took a look at my shock and saw the huge hole in it. haha so well see once that is repalced.

For now im gonna try and up load a picture.. ill ya know how it goes.

:tonguefinger:

yea dude, i bet your torsion bar anchor/adjuster broke. shock has nothing to do with ride height.

Plus i can see your damn t-bar hanging down to the ground in this pic .

Picture002.jpg

Edited by yozsi

Isn't that a trailing arm? At least thats what the mechanic called it. I broke the one on my 95 a few weeks ago. It was less than $100 for the parts. plus $150 for labor and alignment.

Edited by ticker

The circled bit is the tension rod (compression rod).

thinking back, the mechanic may have said, trailing arm...or something... Whatever it's called that's what broke. It didn't make the truck collapse or any thing, just made steering much more optional. :tongue:

The red circled thing is your torsion bar and is what holds the truck off the ground. It is not attached because the back is hanging down....

post-2746-1227151655_thumb.jpg

Edited by yozsi

Must have...

I like the tinfoil wrapped bumper corners... :D

The red circled thing is your torsion bar and is what holds the truck off the ground. It is not attached because the back is hanging down....

Yeah yozsi, we have all tried to some degree. It doesn't seem to work... :shrug:

B