www.Ihatemypathfinder.com

lgranch

I know that I am in for a lot of grief with this title, but this weekend I would have just as well found a cliff and pushed the Pathy off. I have owned the old girl for a year now. She has had every problem known to pathfinders except transmission problems. She is a 91 with 148,000 on the clock. THe 4 link rear suspension had to be rebuilt. the antilock light has been on since the day I bought her, the exhaust bolts are broken, the headlight switch fails every month, I have found the bolt sheared off of the lower ball joint, the stabilizing bar has ovaled the holes in the control arms,the steering box creaks, the tailgate will not stay up any more, I can not listen to the radio through the static, the door hinges are shot, the floor is rusted through under the rear seats, I have a hole in the kick panel by the driver, the rear roll pan has rusted off, and now I find the radiator support no longer attached to the body. The only thing holding the rad in the truck is the top bolts through the rad itself. I found a place selling the rad support for a reasonable $65. This was the entire radiator shell behind the headlights down to the bumper. Thats not a bad price, but he guy want $120 shipping and handling. This part weight about 15 libs.

So I really did consider a crusher this weekend. The problem with that is that I can afford to replace the pathy. The best I could do is a $1500 POS and I would be buying someone elses vehile that they want to push off a cliff. I do have a full size Bronco that I have had parted since I bought the Pathy. It runs, but it is getting scary to drive. If any of you saw the movie Nobady's Fool. Paul Newman calls old Ford trucks wanderers as they drive. This is true, it wanders all over the road.

I just had to write this for someone to read. At home I get a "thats nice dear, what would you like me to do about it" (Married 26 years)

Anyone want to trade Pathys? :oops:

I just have to say any vehicle will do all of the above mentioned. If you dont take care of the paint and under body it will rust, as it is metal. The front end will wear out when you dont replace parts that are worn out, and your light swich is not the only problem you have with it, if it burns out every week, and your 4 link suspension is rubber bushings that your problably never have to replace again.

How much oil did your old bronco burn, and did you like the front end in it. Aren't the ball joints a pleasure to change every year, and if you had the automatic did you enjoy it slipping and burning up every 100km. And the intake manifolds rotting away because they dont like the antifreeze ford put in them.

Yes broncos are great...

• 4 weeks later...

Candy A$$! :sniff:

I agree w/ MatterHorn! Research and look the vehicle over like non other! Suck it up and start fixing the things you can get to rightnow and go from there! The more you do on your own, the more your going to be able to share and the more money you will be able to save! It could be alot worse! You could own a FORD! :lol::laugh:

I'll put $$$$$$ on it, that once you sell your Pathy and get something else, you will miss it alot!

Keep your head in the game Shooter!

94 Pathy

:beer:

• 1 year later...

Since you are adding a comment to something that was written almost 18 months ago. I have put a completely rebuilt motor in the pathy and rebuilt the front end. She is still not on the road because I just can not find the time to complete the wiring.