Transfer case oil

Ramon

Hello again

:rolleyes: I have a Pahty 1990 AT 4X4 the transfer case is leaking oil, I want to ask you if you can please tell me how many gaskets the transfer case uses? Could be other reason? What kind of oil it uses? I have notice the color of the leaking oil is red (same as transmission) And please help me to know how many Liters (or gallons) I must add to it. I believe is around 3 standard bottles but not sure, notice also that is going to be difficult to add it as I know there is only one nut for ratchet socket in the back to add it.

thank again for all your help

I am not sure if this forum is for get any help but at this time I am very glad to be helped as in the stores and workshops here don't be certain sure of each car or truck.

thanks to you all :blush02:

Hello again

:rolleyes: I have a Pahty 1990 AT 4X4 the transfer case is leaking oil, I want to ask you if you can please tell me how many gaskets the transfer case uses? Could be other reason? What kind of oil it uses? I have notice the color of the leaking oil is red (same as transmission) And please help me to know how many Liters (or gallons) I must add to it. I believe is around 3 standard bottles but not sure, notice also that is going to be difficult to add it as I know there is only one nut for ratchet socket in the back to add it.

thank again for all your help

I am not sure if this forum is for get any help but at this time I am very glad to be helped as in the stores and workshops here don't be certain sure of each car or truck.

thanks to you all :blush02:

I'm pretty sure the FSM calls for ATF, but I don't have it with me. I'm sure it's in there though.

Download it here

Use the 94 or 95... It'll be close enough.

Yes ATF in the T-case, just keep filling it untill it comes out the fill hole.

Where is it leaking; the connection to the transmission, at the rear output, at the front output, where the linkage is, at the center seam of the case?

^ Exactly like he said. Clean the transfer case as well as you can so you can follow drip lines to the source of the leak.

Yes, this is where we try to help you. We joke around a bit, but most everyone tries to help as well as they can. Where in Mexico are you, if you don't mind me asking. I have only been in Baja and my spanish is not as good as your english...

B

Thanks a lot for the manual it really help me a lot

The exact place where the oil is leaking is hard to know as the place is full of oil every where but I can see many different parts where is more than amount I checked the transfer case have a 4WD switch plug or something there is many and where the middle of the three parts are joined (now I know thanks to crazyhayseed to provide the manual) but in the drawing no gasket is showed so here are the pictures

Very hard to get there to take pictures, the 4wd switch or neutral switch (not sure yet can be find in here )

GbaqNO675547-02.jpg

From the rear no much to see

Q.Rp6h237326-02.jpg

The under guard don't let me see much but have no enough time to remove it

wau1La282255-02.jpg

Here the amplified detail

IgLP8B641396-02.jpg

The zoom of the joint it looks like there is no gasket at all but the apparency can fool me

gOQQYG652092-02.jpg

I also noticed that one of the boots in the small arm of the transfer gear control is broken

I have to replace it

MBd8Q.754476-02.jpg

The cover dust is lost :-(

ke2yvE735852-02.jpg

the center case oil seal must be broken

VOq9Dh996723-02.jpg

Well all I have to do is read very well the manual and then carefully with time and patient fix this out

Thank you :D :D

Hello Mr Precise 1 you are right I have to clean all around he he he thanks for the advice :rolleyes: is exiting as this is the first time I touch a transfer case, well I hardly do it because of the time and job.

I am from Tijuana Mexico i believe you have been her if you know the Baja.

Nice to meet you If you know some places near to off road please let me know because I want to live such a great experience like that (but first I need to fix very well my Pathy)

well hope we share our experiences with our Pathys here By the Way I am new in this forum I am glad to find it because here I found really helpful help (hu?) well you got it (looks like I am turning :crazy: )

thank you all