Commie Cast or Directv?

Oliver

I've finally snapped and decided to get TV again. HD mumbo-jumbo is not a concern as we've got CRTs still and we're not planning to upgrade anytime in the foreseeable future.

Second, we don't care about DVRs or HDDVR or any of that business.

The house is wired for cable already and the father-in-law/landlord doesn't want any more wiring going on. I noticed that there is a big long piece of co-ax coming out of the corner of the house with a kind of male connector I've never seen before. Could that be for a dish?

Whichever we pick, the cost to us will be about the same, give or take a couple of bucks.

So lets hear the horror stories, lets see the shot up cable boxes or dishes taken to the skeet range.

Although I currently have CC, I much preferred DTV when I had it. The only reason I switched was the discount that came along with cable internet. There was nearly a year between the two due to a lack of funds :togo:

And in the first 6 months of CC service I lost my picture way more than in the 3yrs I had DTV. Extremely high winds was the only thing that caused my signal to be lost, which came right back onces the gust was gone, while high winds caused a 4 day loss of CC once (falling trees)

Oliver, if your in VZ Territory look into FiOS TV ;)

The house is wired for cable already and the father-in-law/landlord doesn't want any more wiring going on. I noticed that there is a big long piece of co-ax coming out of the corner of the house with a kind of male connector I've never seen before. Could that be for a dish?

could be an old style big dish or perhaps a CB or HAM antenna?

Todays MiniDish services use the same type of CoAx (RG6) as cable companies do

Whichever we pick, the cost to us will be about the same, give or take a couple of bucks.

No matter who your local telco is, if you look towards SAT service give them a call, the two major local telco's here and some of the smaller ones offer dish service through them. And usually give a discount too

I've finally snapped and decided to get TV again.

Whoa, dude!!! Married and TV in the same month!! You are going down hill fast. DOOMED, I SAY, DOOMED!!!

Ok, can't help with anything else; no TV here for, eh, 15 years. :shrug: Still battling against the marriage thing too..

B

Whoa, dude!!! Married and TV in the same month!! You are going down hill fast. DOOMED, I SAY, DOOMED!!!

Ok, can't help with anything else; no TV here for, eh, 15 years. shrug.gif Still battling against the marriage thing too..

Helpful? No. Bloody hilarious? You betcha!

I think we decided to go with Compost for the TV. People had few good things to say about the DTV/Qwest partnership

We used to have the comcast tv/internet/phone package. I don't know if you get qwest where you live but we bundled our tv/internet/phone/cellular with them and it was cheaper in the longrun. We got a few more channels in the switch too but i wouldn't miss them if we didn't get them. As far as rain fade, it happened quite a lot until i adjusted the dish and trimmed some trees in it's line of site. The only downside is qwest's DSL. It cuts out occasionally for either a few minutes or up to a few days. Usually a phone call would fix it and they would subtract the lost time from our bill.