AC Springs

ronin152

it doesnt indicate which spring goes on which side does it? It shouldnt maybe they are messed up but I cant remember what my springs looked like when they showed up. Never compaired them like you did lol and it all worked out.

I had compared mine before I installed them & they were the exact same height (I have pics somewhere around here). I say that if you are not happy or don't feel comfortable don't put them on, send them back & get want you want (God knows you've probably paid enough). But then again , thats just my $.02

Edited by Fukinitupagain

Guys, I still don't even see what the problem is here, and why the heck y'all are screaming "send them back".

The springs in the photo are the front springs, and they both look like the same length to me.

Edited by XPLORx4

Guys, I still don't even see what the problem is here, and why the heck y'all are screaming "send them back".

The springs in the photo are the front springs. They're supposed to be larger on one end than the other. And as far as I can tell, they're the same height.

So, what's the problem here?

Dean the springs are aligned in the picture so that both are facing the same direction. What you are seeing is that the top of one spring compared with the top of another spring. Is this alright? Also the longer spring when looking at it from the side or top is sorta like /

Dean the springs are aligned in the picture so that both are facing the same direction. What you are seeing is that the top of one spring compared with the top of another spring. Is this alright? Also the longer spring when looking at it from the side or top is sorta like /

OK, you're being too vague. What do you think is the problem, because all I see in the 2nd photo are the tops of the two front springs, and they look just fine to me. Look at the edits I made to your first photo, in which I have rotated the springs so that they both are straight, instead of crooked as you've lined them up.

Edited by XPLORx4

Makes sense but, the heighest part of the springs may be the same height, but if you look at the very end of the coil, it comes back down on both, but comes down even lower on one of the springs.

OK, you're being too vague. What do you think is the problem, because all I see in the 2nd photo are the tops of the two front springs, and they look just fine to me. Look at the edits I made to your first photo, in which I have rotated the springs so that they both are straight, instead of crooked as you've lined them up.

Look at the gap on the right side between your yellow line and the end of the upper coil, there is no gap on the right side of the bottom coil, but the left side of the coils both meet up. The coil on the bottom IS shorter.... although not by very much at all.

Edited by DTE

Look at the gap on the right side between your yellow line and the end of the upper coil, there is no gap on the right side of the bottom coil, but the left side of the coils both meet up. The coil on the bottom IS shorter.... although not by very much at all.

That gap can be explained by the relative rotation of the springs, the poor resolution of the photo, and the camera angle. Note that the bottom spring is not in the exact same orientation as the top one.

If you want to more accurately measure the height of the springs, place each spring on a level flat surface with the top (which has a flattened/shaved coil) on the ground, and the end of the last coil against a vertically placed ruler.

Edited by XPLORx4

That gap can be explained by the relative rotation of the springs, the poor resolution of the photo, and the camera angle. Note that the bottom spring is not in the exact same orientation as the top one.

Also it could've been aliens...

Look I'm not "screaming" anything, but what I am saying is that if your not happy with the product you recieved that you paid for, then contact them & resolve it. If you aint happy, then you aint happy, bottom line.

We can all sit here & tell him over & over that there is nothing wrong or that there is something wrong but the fact is if he aint happy & he paid for it (cause when it's free you really can't say much ya know?) then he should do what he can to make it right for himself. I don't see where AC should have a problem in exchanging out 2 front coils so he can get his lift installed & they can get good marks for customer service. If they make a bigass stink about it then there might be something wrong but I would hope that they wouldn't.

if he aint happy & he paid for it (cause when it's free you really can't say much ya know?) then he should do what he can to make it right for himself. I don't see where AC should have a problem in exchanging out 2 front coils s...

Well, if he's not happy because when he puts the the springs next to each other crooked and complains that they look crooked, then sorry, I don't think that AC should have to exchange anything.

You can't expect a company to make an exchange at its own expense if the purchaser's reason for wanting the exchange has nothing to do with the quality of the product purchased.

Edited by XPLORx4

Look I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with ya Dean, all I am saying is there's gotta be a way to resovle this were both sides come out happy. Agreed?

Now what if he aligns them again & it's not "his fault," what if there is a difference in the springs? What then? Is he still up Sh!t Creek without a paddle? Maybe it is his falut that they look to be a different size but maybe, just maybe they are a different length. All I am saying is, if they are, then there should be a resolve to tha matter. Right?

Well, if he's not happy because when he puts the the springs next to each other crooked and complains that they look crooked, then sorry, I don't think that AC should have to exchange anything.

You can't expect a company to make an exchange at its own expense if the purchaser's reason for wanting the exchange has nothing to do with the quality of the product purchased.

Heres what happened. The package came all smashed and messed up with holes in it and all deformed. I called Volrcik to ask him what to do because I didn't want to open the package and not have them return it. So Volrick tells me to open the package up and check for damage or missing parts. I do just that and thats why I am scrutinizing every little thing. So anyways everything looks good until I get to the front coils. I compare them and notice what I have posted on here. For all I knew the spring could have been bent or thats just how it comes from factory. But anyways I told Volrick and sent pictures. He responded by saying all the springs are like that and that its just an optical illusion sort of deal. They even compared them at the AC warehouse and got the same thing. So he said that he was going to give me a credit for the shipping. It was rediculous how the package was delivered. But anyways thats how the situation ended. So the springs are meant to be like that + and optical illusion. I didn't mean to compain its just that I spend over $600 on something and was just unimpressed with the crappy packaging and when I saw the springs I just assumed bad quality like the packing. I am keeping the springs. Thank you for the help.

Dean if you wuold have seen the package you would have seen why I am concerned.

Edited by ronin152

There ya go. He contacted them & they were both able to come to a resultion that both could live with. Sounds good big guy, I hope everything from here on out goes better for ya.

Haha thanks man. Well according to murphys law if there are two possible outcomes the worser one will always prevail. I have a bad feeling this will be happening haha

Heres what happened. The package came all smashed and messed up with holes in it and all deformed. I called Volrcik to ask him what to do because I didn't want to open the package and not have them return it. So Volrick tells me to open the package up and check for damage or missing parts. I do just that and thats why I am scrutinizing every little thing. So anyways everything looks good until I get to the front coils. I compare them and notice what I have posted on here. For all I knew the spring could have been bent or thats just how it comes from factory. But anyways I told Volrick and sent pictures. He responded by saying all the springs are like that and that its just an optical illusion sort of deal. They even compared them at the AC warehouse and got the same thing. So he said that he was going to give me a credit for the shipping. It was rediculous how the package was delivered. But anyways thats how the situation ended. So the springs are meant to be like that + and optical illusion. I didn't mean to compain its just that I spend over $600 on something and was just unimpressed with the crappy packaging and when I saw the springs I just assumed bad quality like the packing. I am keeping the springs. Thank you for the help.

Dean if you wuold have seen the package you would have seen why I am concerned.

I have seen heavy high-void-area car parts arrive in severely damaged packaging myself before, so I know where you're coming from. But just to put your mind more at ease, it takes a lot of pressure to damage spring steel. The other parts in the package (shocks and/or struts) would have been obviously trashed if the spring were really damaged.