I need Help choosing a muffler...

wildvet22

I have a 2001 pathy and was wondering what the best muffler out there is for this model? Flowmaster? Magnaflow? Thanks

Best for what purpose? Longest-lasting? Quietest? Loudest? Best performance?

What are you looking for in a muffler?

I have a 2001 pathy and was wondering what the best muffler out there is for this model? Flowmaster? Magnaflow? Thanks

I just DIY mine with OEM and it is sooo quite, and it should last me another 120K 9years. Very easy to do if can get around the stripped bolt.

Magnaflow. I love em. had it on my r50 now have one on my wd22.

Also my personal favorite!

IMO;

The shorter ones and the round ones are louder, the longer and oval ones are quiter. 2" will give plenty of flow and be quiet and 2.5" will be a bit louder but may may not offer enough back-preassure if you have headders IMO (based off of the many configurations tried with my '89 VG30i but the VG33e in the R50 might be just fine with 2.5")

Magnaflow offers their popular glass pack and also a 3 chamber that flows great but is really quiet.

OPEN HEADERS AND ZOOMIES OUT THE FENDERWELLS!!! But seriously you were not exactly specific enough about what you wanted, otherwise it's a free-for-all of what worked and sounded best to each person. The calm quiet people are gonna have their top lists and the loud pipes save lives group is goeing to sing a different tune. I personally have a (obviously) home made setup with a 2 1/2 thrush(on a wd21) and she be fairly loud, which is what I like.