General question on 90-95 pathfinders

NaturaTek

Yes, this is noob question 348!

When a pathfinder is 2wd, it means there is NO 4x4, just 2wd... I'm thinking i'm correct on this so far.

But now if someone claims a 95 pathfinder is 4wd, I'm assuming 4wd is just that, 4wd, meaning it's 4wheeling permanent, you can't shut off and go 2wd.??

I'm looking at ebay to buy a new pathfinder, and came across this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RTQ:MOTORS:1123

I email the guy asking if it's 4x4 or 2wd. He responds 'neither, it's 4wd'. But when I see the photos, I see the 4x4 gear shifter.

Just slightly confused here, is he wrong or just misinformed? Because I see the shifter I'm assuming its 4x4 and you can go 2wd or 4wd on demand whenever you engage it?

any first gen pathy (1986-1995) will be a 2wd or a 4wd(4x4 yada....) the way I look at it 4wd, 4 wheel drive & 4x4 put you in control of when your using 4 wheels.

awd(all wheel drive) on the other hand means all wheels all the time (like a subaru)

I agree with redfinder(he would cheer you for getting a red pathfinder) it looks pretty good.

IMO the 1st gen pathys were are the best trail vhecles nissan ever made.

Edited by MY1PATH

IMO the 1st gen pathys were are the best trail vhecles nissan ever made.

Um.... Nissan Patrol?!?! :shrug:

OH, and NaturaTek.

There was no all wheel drive (or full time 4wd) on the WD21's. Either it's 2wd, or 4wd with the shifter.

Edited by Simon

Um.... Nissan Patrol?!?! :shrug:

OH, and NaturaTek.

There was no all wheel drive (or full time 4wd) on the WD21's. Either it's 2wd, or 4wd with the shifter.

I stand corrected! the best sold in usa hows that?

Think your confusing "4 wheel drive"(4x4/4wd/etc) with "all wheel drive"(awd). All wheel drive is not selectable, 4wd can be shifted in some way or another(lever, button,etc) between 2 or 4 wheel drive.