pictures of my non starting pathy with mud in timing pullys

I don't think the belt was turning at all with that much @!*% in there 0o'

it turned to a point. there was one spot that the mud stopped it. and it was off by 2 notches . i guess thats what i get for going through a mud bog pit. it messes up your truck if it aint made for it. thats for sure..

LESSON LEARNED!!

im gonna stick to the trails and small river crossings...lol..lets just hope that none of the valves are messed up

Did you not have one of the timing belt covers on all the way? That seems like a lot of stuff in there to squeeze past the seals on the side and the overlap of the covers.

it was on there all the way..it was just a huge pit.. i mean it was about 3 feet deep and about 50 yards long..it was fun as hell..but it does a lot f damage..lets just say it was deep enough that i had it coming into my doors. that was a mess to pick up

it was on there all the way..it was just a huge pit.. i mean it was about 3 feet deep and about 50 yards long..it was fun as hell..but it does a lot f damage..lets just say it was deep enough that i had it coming into my doors. that was a mess to pick up

I was just wondering because there have been several memebers who have traversed many a deep mud hole and I havent heard of that happening.

I'm sorry to hear that. You can't keep it and work on it in stages? At least tear it down to the pistons to see what the actual damage is...

B

i would if i wasnt financing it. but i pay 300 hundred a month and its just sitting there

Ouch!! Problem is, you won't be able to sell it for much when it's not running with 'unknown' problems or major repairs needed. I don't know that your situation is like, but it would serve you better in the long run to get some cheap econobox to drive while you try to fix it, then sell said econobox. Even if you open it up and don't fix it, you'd still get about the same price for the pathy. I know it's tough, but I'm just trying to help.

B

Not a good thing!

Mud getting inside and jumping the belt has happened to one of our members in the Calgary club. It jumped it one tooth. Enough to keep running, but sounded like hell.

wow..... i have gone swimming, and played in the yuckiest muddy icky water and NEVER had that happen...... the covers may not have been completely on or SOMETHING...... cuz that is a pretty amazing amount of mud in there...

wow..... i have gone swimming, and played in the yuckiest muddy icky water and NEVER had that happen...... the covers may not have been completely on or SOMETHING...... cuz that is a pretty amazing amount of mud in there...

does any one see any harm in running a bead of RTV arround the edges of the cover and along where the upper and lower covers meet?

I 'cause I may do just that the next time I happen to have my covers off.

well guys theres still no compression, after timing was set.. therefor, valves, pistons got screwed up. and gonna cost to much money for me to fix.. so im letting her go...man this sucks

What were you looking at selling it for?