Cheap bumper guard

Just finished installing the black version of a bumper guard being sold by this guy on eBay. Took me 45 min to install with no drilling (have to permanently remove the front lower tow hooks to place on the guard). He has it listed as a 1999.5 only but it obviously fits through 2004 as it fit on my '03 Chilkoot. I got mine for $10 plus shipping because nobody else bid, but even at the full purchase price of $60 it's a great deal. Now I have to decide which winch to mount.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Smittybilt-99-Nissan-Pa...1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't think this is going to support the stresses of a winch.....

ya, a winch is definitely not going to fit on that, nor is the bar capable of withstanding any type of winching load...

Why you all gotta rain on my parade so quick?! All very valid points, I might have a solution for it though, I'm going to get longer bolts and remount the bumper bar under the tow hooks (bolt though both), will likely require some creative thinking for the upper mounts, but I'm sure I can have my cake and eat it too.

As for the winch, I'm going to check into the stress this bar can take (likely not enough), though to be honest, I'll probably avoid getting one all together as I won't be doing enough offroading where I'll ever need one. If I do, I'll likely just get a hitch mount winch instead, or a simple one for small amounts of pull. I mainly use the offroading for hauling the dirtbikes in the mountains, so don't get into too crazy situations anyways.

I should have pictures up shortly of the current setup (new tires and wheels coming next week and the bastard's real dirty), and will post more on the solution. Also doing the throttle body bypass, will post on if I notice any HP or MPG difference.

I had one of those "bumper guards" on my R50 before I sold it, a Westin actually. Had two KC Daylighters mounted on it too.

HPIM0412.jpg

One wheeling trip and that thing was dented and mangled to bits on the underside. It was aluminum and not worth a sh!t as far as strength goes...

I had one of those "bumper guards" on my R50 before I sold it, a Westin actually. Had two KC Daylighters mounted on it too.

One wheeling trip and that thing was dented and mangled to bits on the underside. It was aluminum and not worth a sh!t as far as strength goes...

Web site says its made from stainless steel though?

BT, what is it made from?

And why not just mount the tow hooks on the underside of the guard with the longer bolts, then no issue with the upper mounts?

Cool find anyway, thanks for sharing.

Sorry for the delayed response, here's the pic of the bumper guard and the Chilkoot with the new wheels and tires. OME next. As for what's it's made of, the one I have is steel with powdercoat gloss black.

path090708-2.jpg

path090708-1.jpg

Sorry for the delayed response, here's the pic of the bumper guard and the Chilkoot with the new wheels and tires. OME next. As for what's it's made of, the one I have is steel with powdercoat gloss black.

path090708-2.jpg

path090708-1.jpg

Can you post some close pics? I'm interested it too...Thanks!