What all do I have .... or not

PattiMax

Hello all. Love the forum, so much info that it hard to find stuff a day or two later if I wasn't paying attention at where I was.....LOL. A little bit about me. I am a machinist by trade and a mechanic by heart. I now install & repair Haas CNC equipment and have been for a good many years now. I'm also hoping to find a fellow NPORA member or so close St. Louis.

Anyway I have my baby (94 XE 4x4) home and up on stands. wheels off, starter off, oil filter relocation going on as well as the battery relocation and I hope to do a 3" BL soon. She's very used and abused but I hope to save her for a better day. She's not my DD so no rush. I have already done several things that I found on here such as cleaning the leaves out of the blower box. I'd rather make it more dependable than get it out too soon with 200K. I am taking pics as I go and plan to share

After reading so much and taking in so much, I was wondering what all can I learn what I may have or did have at some point. Here is the vin JN8HD17YXRW223959 and any info I could find. Type WHYD21, Model WHLYD21DJKRU88, Trans Axel RE4RDIA HG4b, Color KH2 K, Plant W. I "think" that it has a LSD. In park the rear wheels turn backwards toward each other but in neutral they both turn in the same direction, LSD or not? I found no tags or stamped numbers anywhere. I have more questions but they can wait for another day. Thanks all.

here's the link for finding out if you have LSD http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...amp;hl=lsd+diff

but it definitely sounds like you do have LSD out back.

200k on a pathy is nothing in mileage (even rode hard).... just gettin warmed up. a well maintained pathy can go well over 500k.

between my 2 trucks i have 370k and still goin strong.

oh, and welcome to the family :beer:

it's in the front of the FSM

WHLYD21DJKRU88

W = wagon

H = VG30E engine

L = left hand drive

Y = standard wheelbase (4WD)

D21 = D21 as in WD21

D = 4 door

J = XE

K = 4-speed floor shift auto tranny

R = ? ( B = multiport fuel injection. did you read this right?)

U = non-california USA model

88 = ?

Edited by k9sar

I am a machinist by trade and a mechanic by heart. I now install & repair Haas CNC equipment

Nice, another machinist!! I used to run a Haas vertical mill years ago, but I must say, I liked the Matsuuras much better, enough to buy one. Thats all in the past, now I do diamond turning.

Welcome to the board, like you said, there is plenty to read, some of it even useful!! I recommend playing with the search function. It is rather finicky, but once you get the basics down, you can usually find what you are looking for.

B

it's in the front of the FSM

WHLYD21DJKRU88

W = wagon

H = VG30E engine

L = left hand drive

Y = standard wheelbase (4WD)

D21 = D21 as in WD21

D = 4 door

J = XE

K = 4-speed floor shift auto tranny

R = ? ( B = multiport fuel injection. did you read this right?)

U = non-california USA model

88 = ?

88= "convenience package"

CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: coolant + washerfluid reservouir, 235 ties, chrome wheel , tire maker general, rear wiper, fm/am et+cassette, 8 speaker+fender+glass antenna, rear headrest, rear heater duct, power window, power door lock, power heated mirror, ascd, 2-speed+intermittent wiper, map lamp

I ran your VIN in the computer and you do have LSD

Nope I didn't read it right. Not sure if it was a smudge on the B or my glasses. Yep, the R is really a B.

Thanks for all the help. I'm not at all worried with the pathy as much as I don't know what all has been taken care of on the rig. It had a new oil filt but the new air filter was short by about 1/4". I'm a long time Nissan owner. I also now have .... I mean the wife has a 03 Max and with the new styling of the 09 ............... OH MY. Didn't much care for the styling of 04-08 Max.

I read the other day about Nissan's owner loyalty is the the highest of all the auto makers. So high that it is almost considered a cult and I'm happy to be a member.

Precise, I promise not to hold it against ya for not buying a Haas ..... LOL. Just one big dysfunctional family. I think Slick has another fan member too. :blush:

Again, thanks for all the help everyone. I plan to share the pics and progress as I go along.

OH, and another noobee question, what is POHO?

what is POHO?

An abbreviation of 'Post Whore' thread. A place where people go to chat, post random crap or give each other a hard time (and boost their post count)... We are on # 6, I believe so there are 5 previous with 10,000 posts each. Please make sure you start on PoHo#1 page #1 and read up...

Precise, I promise not to hold it against ya for not buying a Haas ..... LOL.

Fair enough, thank you. I promise not to hold it against you for fixing them... ;)

B