Need an exhaust shop in SE King County

Oliver

My exhaust is beginning to fall apart, heat shield-by-heat shield. First it was a piece off the elbow, now the muffler shield is gone. The system also sits right on the crossmembers and rattles like a sonofabitch.

I think the time has come.

Where have ya had good service around these parts? I'm between Kent and Maple Valley (Covington, actually) I don't want to go to Seattle if I can avoid it.

Thanks much

Bucky's Brake & Muffler - Auburn Way N, Auburn

Central Automotive - Central Ave S in Kent near the Green River, they're an all-around shop, pretty reasonable

Larry's Classic Muffler - Hwy 410 in Bonney Lake next to Walmart

Talk to Jeff or Mark @ American Brake and Muffler on Market in Hillyard... Let me know when your going and ill go chew em down... bring Cash...

Ohhh BTW Why cant I wear shorts and T-Shirt to your wedding????

• 2 weeks later...
Talk to Jeff or Mark @ American Brake and Muffler on Market in Hillyard... Let me know when your going and ill go chew em down... bring Cash...

Ohhh BTW Why cant I wear shorts and T-Shirt to your wedding????

Hillyard...that's a little bit of a drive.

And to answer your question. If I can't wear shorts, nobody can. You have to suffer in the August heat with me...

Oh, and thanks for the leads in King Co. Time to call around

Edited by Oliver

• 4 weeks later...

I never even noticed this thread :blink:

Bucky's Brake & Muffler - Auburn Way N, Auburn

Careful with them, it may have just been the shop I was dealing with when an internal baffle broke on a new muffler. But they (Lacey, shop) searched until they found a reason to void my warranty, then damn near drove the truck off the lift... up over the blocks with the lift still a foot off the ground... this after they ground their way into reverse!

I was not happy that night, and made sure that they lost a few other potential customers that night ;)

Ya stay away from BUCKYS brake and muff. I made the mistake of waiting to long and my front pads were metal to metal and it cost me 700.00 for front and back( free oil change and lucus oil stable)

me and allot of my friends have been going to Quality brake & muffler In Tacoma. Every time we go I have seen good work, good prices and honest workmanship. these guys are really kool the only thing the won't do is change out broken manifold studs.

Take 74th st (west) exit off of I-5 to south Tacoma Way. Then head NORTH (right turn) on South Tacoma Way towards 66th St. Just after 66Th you should see a YELLOW building on the right with a car on the roof. That's IT!

Good to know! Thanks. I had considered a shop out in Enumclaw or someplace. They quoted me about 200 bucks for a cat back 2.25" with a flowmaster. Whatever I decide will have to wait until I'm back from Jamaica

I never even noticed this thread :blink:

Careful with them, it may have just been the shop I was dealing with when an internal baffle broke on a new muffler. But they (Lacey, shop) searched until they found a reason to void my warranty, then damn near drove the truck off the lift... up over the blocks with the lift still a foot off the ground... this after they ground their way into reverse!

I was not happy that night, and made sure that they lost a few other potential customers that night ;)

Ya stay away from BUCKYS brake and muff. I made the mistake of waiting to long and my front pads were metal to metal and it cost me 700.00 for front and back( free oil change and lucus oil stable)

Huh, fair enough. Although waiting for metal to metal is asking for problems, but heh.

I lived up the road from the Auburn one at the time, and had been in a few times for various issues with a couple vehicles, and they took care of me, probably cause it was the same manager and I bs'd with the guy. I had 1 warranty issue, but they took care of it right away, no problemo. That was a few years ago though, so that could change, and I can't vouch for other locations. Good luck. :)