I SCORED!

StatutoryApe

so i got these wheels/tires off craigslist for $500. darn good deal. they're 33x12.50" BFG TA KOs on 15x10R15 rims. i don't like the rims cuz they're half black half chrome and cuz they're too wide, but i'll use them for now. the tires look almost brand new! the guy said they have ~90% tread left.

i would've gotten some new MT's when i had the money but i couldn't pass up this crazy deal.

anyway, on to some pix!

the tires

tires.jpg

my pathy before the tires

beforetires.jpg

my pathy after the tires

aftertires.jpg

but now i'm worried if i'll have like ANY power. this weekend i'm going camping and i have to drive down a freeway that's like uphill half the way (on 1-80, from Sacramento to Reno, to be exact). last time i went there i could barely keep up 45-55 mph on some parts of the hill w/ my pathy loaded down w/ camping gear and only 1 other passenger. even when i had 31's i had that problem. my AT dropped down into 2nd gear at 5k rpms just to keep up.

slick, have you ever driven to Reno in King? i wanna know how bad it's gonna be. lol.

other than that i love the tires :tonguefinger:

Nice find. The chrome's not that bad....

As for the hills, just get a run and keep your foot in it. There is a huge climb into the mountains on I-77 right at the VA, NC border that I just let it kick down into 3rd and keep it there at 70mph all the way up. The Pathy is screamin, but it does it.

i think they look fine, the wheels are a little dated but i dont have room to talk about that. as long as they dont rub id leave them on or maby paint the black red to match. i know i am a dork

the wheels are a little dated

And so is the truck. Perfect match, I'd say...

Maybe some 22" spinners to look up to the times?

Sorry, got carried away...

B

NICE FIND!!!! Those rims look fine, but I see what you mean about too wide but as long as they don't rub... :shrug:

B

i've always heard, from the people on here anyway, that the 10" rims rub like SOB's, but i'll have to see. i haven't done any off roading in them yet (obviously) so we'll see. i guess i might keep them if they don't rub. and spray paint here and there. lol.

i think they look fine, the wheels are a little dated but i dont have room to talk about that. as long as they dont rub id leave them on or maby paint the black red to match. i know i am a dork

actually, i think red and black rims would look SICK! if these rims work out, i'll have to do me some paintin! lol.

so i guess i'll leave my 33s on for the camping trip and see how they fair. i hope i'm not gonna stress the drivetrain too much on the way there. like i said, last time i went there, sometimes i had to drop into 2nd gear at 5k rpms goin like 45-55. anyway, i have until midday thursday to decide which set of wheels/tires i wanna take camping.

Maybe some 22" spinners to look up to the times?

Sorry, got carried away...

B

And now i have the funniest mental image burned into my mind for the rest of the day.

like i said i cant talk about dated, i am guilty a well. that plus i think spinners are worn out as well anyway, only people you really see anymore with them are the ones who bought them when they were the new thing and cant afford 30" or whatever is the big seller now.