OMG ITS HARD TO TYPE WITH TAPE ON UR FINGERTIP

RowdoggNZ

The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now.

Dude!! Tape??

startrekwtfpd5xq7.jpg

Use an exactoknife to try to drag it back out by sliding it edgewise against the angle of entry, trying to hook it. This works well. Other than that, use same exacto knife to start digging, using tweezers and a strong magnet to get it out. I have a kit at work specifically for this. If I had a dollar for every metal sliver I have removed, Bill Gates would be mowing my lawn!!

Tape?? Who the fek told you that one?

B

Tape to draw it out? News to me. I too have had and alot of splinter both metal and wood in my hands and the best way is to cut it out. I have become really good at it. The raking method works if it is just under the skin, the deep ones you have to cut into the meat a bit. If it is really deep and you plan on cutting it out just put an ice cube on it for like 5 minutes before you start cutting.

It didn't work my fingers just all septic looking now. Sooooo where can i aquire one of these 'exactoknife' thingy majiggybobs.

yeah, thats what happens if you don't get it out soon... Exactoknife, hobby knife, etc can be found at hobby shop/arts and crafts shops, hardware stores, home improvement stores, etc. Looks like this...

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXN...PMT4NO=42972981

ZB is right, the raking method works best if there is something protruding, other wise you have to dig to expose the end. I've pulled some long ones out like that. In 15+ years as a machinist, I've had a few...

B

Elmers glue... works great if there is even a slight protrusion...

Awesome tip - once you get teh fecker out, dab a spot of superglue over the wound. Superglue has an amazing property- it will, literally, absorb into the skin. It seals the wound shut but, instead of pealing off, your body just "sucks" it up and the skin forms over it.

My doctor prescribed SuperGlue for my grandmothers dry, cracked fingers in the winter - works a treat!

*pushes finger hard against computer desk* Nope :( Hmmm wonder if it will go rusty in there, or whether the body just naturally rejects it. Meh. Sticks and stones will break my bones, but rust will only stop me from getting a Warrant Of Fitness ;)

Well, it may work it's way out, backwards...

It may work it's way through if there is no bone in the way, meaning all the way through...

It may work it's way in until it it hits bone and becomes a permanent sore point any time it gets pressure...

My preference is to dig them out. :shrug:

But hey, I'm just a DFM... Hope it works out for you.

B

"Warrant of fitness"? Passing military exam? Err, I doubt it, but I don't blame you...

DFP...

Plumber?

Policeman?

Printer?

Plater?

Proctologist?

Pianist?

Hmm, running out of ideas...

B

Yeah, "Sheep Flunker" isn't a P .....

:jk:

Edited by GrimGreg

DFP...

Plumber?

Policeman?

Printer?

Plater?

Proctologist?

Pianist?

Hmm, running out of ideas...

B

It's actually panel beater but some good guesses lol. What is a proctologist? sounds interesting

Yeah, "Sheep Flunker" isn't a P .....

:jk:

Hehe not quite dude ;)

What is a proctologist? sounds interesting

LMAO!! Thats classic!! Like Jarsiff said, it's kinda like a doctor and a plumber combined, but they carry latex gloves rather than a pipe wrench.

'Interesting', I suppose... More depending on which end you are on or what your habbits are...

I always wondered about the type that would go to med school with the intent to be a rectal examiner...

But hey, like a plumber told me "Smells like $ to me..."

Thanks for the laugh, Bud!!

B