School me on 99.5+ Pathfinders

csutke

So my wife went looking at rides for me today. She said that she drove an 04 pathfinder. I would be more intreseted but the dealer wanted 20k for it. But any way back to the reason for the post. I would say that I know a fair amount of info on the 96-99.5 pathfinder but really no knowledge on the 99.5+. So school me. Also what are the pros and cons for the different years.

Thanks

well 99.5+ is still a 2nd gen pathy, 2nd gen is 1996-2004 I think in 2001(could be 99.5) they went form a vg33 to a vq35 but thats about it asside from maybe a few variations in grille/ bumper styles. So if you say you know a fair amount about the 2nd gens then you just learned that you allready know a fair amount about the 99.5+

now in 2005 the 3rd gen pathys decided to get back on top of a frame (instead of being unibody like the 2nd gens) and are quite a bit bigger.

hope this helps

Yea. 99.5+ R50's have switched to the 3.5L from 2001-2004. 99.5+-2000 still had the 3.3L. They come with a crappy bose sound system. As you may know some come with a lever 4x4 and some with a knob all-mode 4x4. If you're more serious about 4wheeling, try to go with the lever. I have the knob but no complaints so far. Cool thing about the newer r50's is that you can hold the unlock button and the windows roll down. haha. Also, if you're planning on the AC lift again, you are a lil taller than the 96-99. I compared my lift to XplorX4's lift with 32's, I sat a lil higher than his with 30's. Common problem is the power screws but still an easy fix. Other than that, its mostly about the power. The 240 horses are farking aweseome!

im not necessarily being asked to be sold on the engine, im just looking for all the changes in the model years, as i really dont know that much about the 99.5+

Not much. 99.5 got the fascia update, and a small suspension change in the rear (rear shock mounts are placed differently)

2001+ got the 3.5L but is the same as the 99.5+ with the exception of the engine, and the all mode T-case, which was optional.

All told, you'd feel right at home in any of them. A much more powerful home, if you went 2001+ :lol:

thats kinda what i figured. My wife and parents prob looked at 50+ pathfinders yestersday and not a sinlge one had HG46, and only two had LSD and they were 99.5 and 00's. Did they make LSD for 01 and up?

My 02 has LSD, it was a pretty common option up here. Hard to find one without when I was looking.

As I have only had the one, I can not comment on how it compares to others. There have been some anecdotal stuff about the reliability of 04s not being as good as past years, so if you had to stay away from any particular year that may be the one.

The bad BOSE is from 01 and 02 as far as I can tell (I have one), not all years.

i will wheel it maybe not as hard as my 98 and dont know about mods cause she said there will be no modding for a long time as it cost more than we wanted to spend but we'll just have to wait and see