The Offical Myspace Thread

Nissyota88

True Myspace sucks. It's commercial, unrightfully censored, not to mention a web-developer's nightmare.

How ever, you can't compete w/ it's following. I use it (while gritting my teeth every log-in) for staying connected to my family cross-country and finding out of touch friends.

You guys are right to bash it, but you're missing the overall point. It's a tool, a really really crappy tool. Don't read too much into it.

http://www.myspace.com/crazyhayseed

How about a hybrid. Get yourself a facespace and have the best of both worlds... :rolleyes:

With email, video conferencing (web cam), cell phones, etc why is a web based 'look at me' page useful, much less necessary?

B

How about a hybrid.

With email, video conferencing (web cam), cell phones, etc why is a web based 'look at me' page useful, much less necessary?

For me, it's because sister's don't check their e-mails and frequent calls to California are expensive.

Though, it seems the main objective on Myspace (and it's clones) is to gather as many "friends" as possible, then send them spam.

I just wish MotoIQ.com had worked out. It would have killed MySpace/Facebook/whatever. Maybe someday....

For me, it's because sister's don't check their e-mails and frequent calls to California are expensive.

Fair enough. Web based voice comunication is free though (roger wilco and the like).

I'm in California and willing to help out. Give me your sisters numbers and I'll call them... :sly:

B