Whats the best years of Pathfinders for dailydriver/offroading?

NaturaTek

I'm debating on whether or not to buy a new ride. Not sure yet.

So far I've been looking at Pathfinders and Xterras but I just find the new ones/looks just don't do it for me.

2004 and earlier Xerras look nice and the new pathfinders look ok but not for me, I need that rugged look, not that airport bus look.

Xterras look tasty, just don't know if they gonna have room for my 6ft arse. I should go to a dealer and sit in one.

If you guys have any opinions on what you think is the best year for any let me know!!!

I just had to part with my 2003 Xterra Se with the charger, I had a 2.5lift and 33's under it, terrible mpg but I dont really care, Awesome on and off road lots of power fun truck, but my 91 Path is awesome offroad, But its really up to you(personal prefference)

I have a 97 Pathfinder LE, and it's got all the on-road luxuries, like leather, heated seats, pretty quiet ride, sun roof, and off road it preforms very well. Stock it's a very nice truck, and I have had it for allmost two years and have had no major problems with it. Quality truck and it preforms well.

i have been in my friends 2000 x-t, and i am only 5'8" (but built like a brick house) and i found it to have very little cockpit room....... (i have long legs too)...

WD-21 (pre 96) is THE way to go....... :aok:

Edited by Slick

I have a wd 21 [1990] and like it a lot; there's many things you can do to it to make it even more off road worthy then stock. It's larger then an X-- glenn

No, it isn't. The Xterra (2000-2004) is the closest thing you'll find to a WD21 Pathfinder. The frame is almost exactly the same, (hence the WD22 chassis code) and it'll house a 6' tall driver easily (I know a 6'5" guy who drives one).

The Xterra is quite a bit larger than the WD21 Pathfinder in all dimensions.

No, it isn't. The Xterra (2000-2004) is the closest thing you'll find to a WD21 Pathfinder. The frame is almost exactly the same, (hence the WD22 chassis code) and it'll house a 6' tall driver easily (I know a 6'5" guy who drives one).

The Xterra is quite a bit larger than the WD21 Pathfinder in all dimensions.

hopefully not the same rust issues :sssh:

Yeah its kinda obvious that the X's are bigger eh.

• 3 weeks later...