pulling to the left

scarytruck

I am sure there is a simple answer to this. Truck drives straight but when I am at a stop and I press the brakes my steering goes left left left.

Had an alignment last week.??

Edited by scarytruck

I've had that problem before. This might not be the solution to the issue you are having but you may want to consider it. There are 2 pins on each caliper that bolt the caliper to the caliper frame, iirc these pins allow the caliper to "adjust" if you will when you press on the brake pedal. I found out one day that one of these pins had actualy seized and was the cause of my pathy wanting to pull to one side of the road when I would push on the brake. The pins have a dust boot over them and should slide with ease when applying force. I had a halibut of a time trying to get that pin out and eventually ended up using an air chisel to un-seize it. Hope this helps...

changed my left caliper two weeks ago because pin was seized. The right side wasn't seized but maybe I should change it as well.Also, my right compression rod was just replaced. Agiain, maybe I should do the same to the left. $$$$$ Im always tryin to save cash on this Pig but it's not goin to well.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by scarytruck

Check rotors. Radial runout and thickness. The one rotor with the seized caliper pin might be thicker=less wear from brake pads cause caliper can't open or close as much as the other due to pin... Just a thought