3" Body Lift + Sawzall = 33s?

That all depends. THere's a few folks who run 33x9.5 or 10.5 wide tires with just 3" of lift, and a little cutting. Some people have 6-7" of lift, with wider 33" tires, and rub. The key is offset on the rims, and width of the tires.

i have a 3+3 and 33x12.5's on 15x8's with 4in backspace and cut the fenders a little and the only rubbing i get now is on the compression rod brackets. mines a 91 if it makes any difference

Edited by aries247

I've seen 1 person do it with just the 3"BL, but yeah, they hacked the sheetmetal to hell and back to do it. They went to 35s after a little SL too IIRC.

Edited by GrimGreg

I had 33x10.5's on with only a 3" body lift for a few years. I had to cut quite a bit of front fender out and a little bit in the rear to get clearance. Wheels were 15x7's with about 4.5" backspacing.

Current wheels are 15x8.5's with neutral (4.25")backspacing and 33x13.50 Swamper LTB's and a 3" body/3" suspension lift. They rub a skosh when turned to full lock.

I ran 33x12.5R15 Pro Comp Xterrians on 15x8's with 4"BS with JUST a 3" body lift. no fender flares, no mud flaps, and NO fender trimming. I never rubbed.

nissan has atleast 3 different fender designs. theres some with maybe 1.5" of sheet metal from the front door to the fender opening, and others like the 2wds have that have close to 4".

on my 2wd hb, I could not fit 33's in the wheel openings. when I put pathfinder fenders on, they fit.